Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a simple horn replacement option that can go where the stock horn is and use (mostly) the stock wiring? I don't want an air horn and I don't need anything exceptionally loud or dramatic. I just want something that sounds like a good old American made car/truck horn instead of the 'meep meep' stock horn. I've seen recommendations for the FIAMM Freeway Blaster, but it isn't 100% clear if that requires major wiring changes or finding a different mounting location. I don't want to cram more stuff under the fairing.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
611 Posts
Is there a simple horn replacement option that can go where the stock horn is and use (mostly) the stock wiring? I don't want an air horn and I don't need anything exceptionally loud or dramatic. I just want something that sounds like a good old American made car/truck horn instead of the 'meep meep' stock horn. I've seen recommendations for the FIAMM Freeway Blaster, but it isn't 100% clear if that requires major wiring changes or finding a different mounting location. I don't want to cram more stuff under the fairing.

Thanks,
Rob
I have nothing useful to add except that this weekend was the very first time I used the horn on the new bike (thankfully just to catch a riding buddy's attention) and my girlfriend all but fell off the back seat laughing at the sound of it. So we are now looking for something a bit more significant sounding as well.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The Fiam (sp?) low tone horn will fit in the oem spot, cost less that $12 qnd sounds like a car horn.....you can get then at Autozone/O'rielly etc or on ebay

·
Registered
212 Posts
I am also interested in a 'simple' replacement that would fit in the same spot as the factory one.

I just don't get why they can't put a regular sounding horn on a $20k bike. Is there some type of law or regulation that prevents motorcycle manufacturers from doing this?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am also interested in a 'simple' replacement that would fit in the same spot as the factory one.

I just don't get why they can't put a regular sounding horn on a $20k bike. Is there some type of law or regulation that prevents motorcycle manufacturers from doing this?

Just manufacturer preference. My VTX has a horn that sounds like a car.

Thanks Donzo. I'll give a Fiamm a try.

Rob

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just manufacturer preference. My VTX has a horn that sounds like a car.

Thanks Donzo. I'll give a Fiamm a try.

Rob
I see those Fiamm's online for about $15. Do you think it needs a Relay switch for the XC ?

·
Registered
436 Posts
This prob is very obvious but....make sure you install the horn opening facing down or it will be"kaput" first rain or wash.

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
This prob is very obvious but....make sure you install the horn opening facing down or it will be"kaput" first rain or wash.
Good advice. I want one I can hide somewhere just don't know where yet.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see those Fiamm's online for about $15. Do you think it needs a Relay switch for the XC ?
The cycle already has a horn relay from the factory. The service manual has a whole section devoted to it. :)

Rob

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
One horn=bike's relay OK. Two horns=add a relay. Here are my FIAMM car horns--one on each side. The support is a PIAA bracket normally used for lights, but holds my horns rock solid on the crash bar. Yeah, they are LOUD!thumb up

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
anyone ever tried a regular auto horn, like ford or gm?
they have low and hi note ones.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
anyone ever tried a regular auto horn, like ford or gm?
they have low and hi note ones.
Irv, I assume you saw the post above yours by now.thumb up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts