Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think I made a mistake. Unfortunately there is no returns on damn electrical items.
I had ordered a single channel autotune with my pcv by mistake. Should I scrap this one and just get the dual channel one or can I still use this one? I'm also not sure as to which cylinder I should put it in if I can use it for the fact that each one probably runs at different temperatures etc.
Advice would be great!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
sell it on ebay and get the right one? Up to you, but I'd rather have both channels.

My dual-channel system has autotuned materially different fuel maps between f to r cylinders.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would also dump it. The cylinders are different. You could tune one and then switch to the other. Big pain if you ask me. The 100 only has one input? If it did have two inputs but only came with one sensor then you could by another sensor.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would also dump it. The cylinders are different. You could tune one and then switch to the other. Big pain if you ask me. The 100 only has one input? If it did have two inputs but only came with one sensor then you could by another sensor.
I actually have the AT-200, (non-harley) In my area up here any of the dealers have never purchased any of the power commanders for these bikes. They prefer to sell you the victory pipes & tunes, so they have no knowledge of the pcv. The parts books form Parts Canada are vague at best for parts listings.
It's all trial by error up here. ha ha ha

I still have a month or so until the bike hits the highway again so I'm going to have the dyno guy just use the pcv for a base and I'll get the 2 channel.

Soooo, anyone wanting a single channel autotune?? got one cheap! still in the box ha ha ha

·
Registered
442 Posts
Don't open it. Sell it on eBay as a new item in the box. You should get close to what you paid for it. If you open it and sell it used, you'll lose almost 40% right away.

·
Registered
442 Posts
AT 100 is harley

AT-200 is single channel "universal fit" (you cut the sensor cable to length) setup.

And yes, AT-300 is what you should have ordered.

That said, I would call or email dynojet and ask them if the module itself is identical across each kit and if only the number of gauges and modules varies. In that case, maybe you only need to buy another wideband o2 sensor and any necessary cables. the wideband sensors are bosch sensors that can be bought from dynojet, or elsewhere (do a search; I think there was a topic on here about that). This may be easier than the alternative- but either way will work.

Good luck and post up if you need any advice or feedback along the way.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Help me understand.
If I do cams, pcv and at300, on my Cross Country
Do I still need to dyno?
Or just a base map for my stage 1 and let the at correct?
Steve

Sorry for the hijack

·
Registered
442 Posts
Help me understand.
If I do cams, pcv and at300, on my Cross Country
Do I still need to dyno?
Or just a base map for my stage 1 and let the at correct?
Steve

Sorry for the hijack

Starting with a GOOD dyno map is the fastest way to get there, but it costs $$$ and isn't absolutely necessary to get a nicely tuned map. That said, some tweaking to autotuned maps may be necessary for best results. If you were considering dyno anyway, my suggestion would be to do the autotune first, then after its stabilized, go to the dyno guy and have him help you tweak areas such as low throttle position to help with driveability and popping.

Make sure you remember to regularly re-zero your trims regularly when you are autotuning since the default max enlean/richment is 20% which can be easily achieved in some cells on a flat base map.

Good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts