Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every link I click on here is causing my A/V to popup a warning and disable a Trojan.

VirusScreenShot.jpg

·
13,002 Posts
Never have a problem. Maybe you should look deeper into your computer

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I can't see the URLs being mentioned in your Kaspersky window. They don't look like www.victoryforums.com however. Perhaps it's one if the externally-loading ads...

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I'm using firefox with adblock plus - no popups or nagging ads.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Ad Block+ FTW

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Find the Window?

Faster to Work?

Face the Widow?
**** The World?

Forever Two Wheels

Mines working ok, must be yr puter.
My next door nieghbor got hit with a scam/virus/hack
Opened an email on transport dept letterhead concerning a speeding fine offense.......it disabled his puter and hit him with a ransom demand....wanting his credit card number for the ransom payment.
Didnt do the credit card thing.
Watch out what you open.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it's stopped now; however, I am at work and we use a corporate version of Kaspersky. We are also behind a corporate firewall that has it's own supported Gateway A/V.

Never have a problem. Maybe you should look deeper into your computer
This is the first time in several years that our A/V has warned of a Trojan.

I can't see the URLs being mentioned in your Kaspersky window. They don't look like www.victoryforums.com however. Perhaps it's one if the externally-loading ads...
Here is the description of the object...

Malicious HTTP object <http://ads.verticalscope.com/www/delivery/ajs.php?zoneid=113&cb=52433505607&charset=ISO-8859-1&loc=http%3A//www.victoryforums.com/&mmm_fo=1//www.victoryforums>: detected: Trojan program 'HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic' (modification).

Here is some info I found about it...

HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic is a Trojan horse with additional capability added. As its names suggests. The Trojan horse possesses the typical abilities such as opening up backdoor, stealing information, modifying some drivers and lurking deep in a target system as well as the ability to propagate, attack and make use of web browser techniques.

According to the reports from victims, getting HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic would disable the access to most of the web sites but to a bogus Flash Player update page. Though installed anti-virus programs manage to pick it up, they do no effective work on the virus. To get more details about the Trojan horse and to get solution to it, it is recommended to keep reading. Should you have questions or confusions, please do feel free to start a live chat for prompt answers.

As I said, it's not appearing now so no worries.

It's possible it was only active for a brief period of time and y'all weren't browsing the site at that time.

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
FTW = For The Win :D :D

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Freedoms The Way

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Finger The Whole

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FTW = F&*K This Website

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I clicked on this site last night after work , and my screen turned red and my anti-virus software said it could harm my computer if I proceeded , or I could go back to my home page . So of course I went back to my home page . I waited a bit and tried it here again , I have not seen any more irregularities ....:crzy:

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Guess we all have to go over to the V O G

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I clicked on this site last night after work , and my screen turned red and my anti-virus software said it could harm my computer if I proceeded , or I could go back to my home page . So of course I went back to my home page . I waited a bit and tried it here again , I have not seen any more irregularities ....:crzy:
It's been fine since I started this thread except for a short time yesterday, the same warning came up. Seems to come and go and is somehow connected to ads.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts