Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

size of nut holding passenger floorboard/ peg bracket

6K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Joe_ 
#1 ·
2014 XC 8 ball.

There is a large nut (part #7540001) that holds the passenger foot peg or floor board brackets on a XC or XR. Does anyone here know what size and pitch it is? Is there anything special about it. Grade etc?

Thanks
Joe

#2 ·
I have the same question. If no one knows guess I'll be buying an entire set of sockets just to find out.
Thanks
Dan

#3 ·
Off the top of my head, no. However, it has been discussed on this forum before so you might want to do a search and see if you can find the info that way. Good Luck.

#4 · (Edited)
If I'm not mistaken, that would be a 24mm socket you'd use for that nut. Other sockets you'll want on hand are....
30mm for the top triple tree lock nut.
1-1/16" (27mm metric equivalent) for the rear axle.
5/8" allen for the front axle. That's either 16 or 17mm.

#5 ·
Guys if you don't know size and need a socket or wrench ride over to local hardware store and ask if you can take a socket out to see if it fits. Most hardware stores will be more then willing. Even auto parts will let you. Lows Menard's and them might not .

#6 ·
I was wondering if the swingarm pivot shaft was a special thread or a standard metric thread. I was just curious. I might be putting foot pegs down there. The wife has really long legs.

#10 · (Edited)
It is just one possibility but it is the pivot shaft for the swingarm so her feet will stay stationary.
Doesn't look like there is enough room to get past the heat shield anyway. But if there was and I could find a high grade coupling nut I might be able to kludge together some rear pegs that fit her better than the stock set up. Just exploring all the options before I spring for rear floorboards. The rear floor boards will still be too high for her. They always are. It hurts to pay a lot for something that is still not comfortable for her.

#7 ·
Most everything on Vics is metric. Some metric sizes have SAE counterparts.

#13 ·
#14 ·
Joe,
Here's how it looks on my XR. They are in the folded up position.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.