1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
415 Posts
I heard about this thing from one of the Polaris test riders this last February down in Arizona. From what I understand it's a beast and is targeted at the Can Am Spider.

·
Registered
415 Posts
You've got admit those Can Am's have become VERY popular. I personally don't understand why anybody would want to ride a trike at high speed in reverse but to ea h his own as my mom used to say.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You've got admit those Can Am's have become VERY popular. I personally don't understand why anybody would want to ride a trike at high speed in reverse but to ea h his own as my mom used to say.
My dad bought one just because he wanted to ride with me whenever and not have to worry about having to learn a new skill at 60

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
I dunno. The Can Am looks like a good alternative for someone learning to ride at a late age or maybe has balance issues or leg problems. I would consider it. I loved my Triumph Spitfire sports car when I was a teen. The Slingshot would be a fun toy or an alternative to riding two wheels if I couldn't ride a regular bike anymore.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The spiders have a whole bunch of electronics to keep the trike stable. I hope Polaris has done the homework on this or it's going to be short lived....

I would have liked to see Polaris refine what they market now instead of wasting a huge amount of money developing this thing.....

And can they bring it to market at a price anyone can afford ......

·
Registered
246 Posts
Reminds me of a street legal Go kart, i think it look bad ass. If its priced right i might look at this.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Behold! Polaris Sling Shot

Behold! Polaris Sling Shot in flesh and bones.

polaris-sling.jpg

·
Registered
130 Posts
about 100 years ago...

there was this British outfit called Morgan Motor Co. They made a three-wheeler like that. Even had an air-cooled v-twin and wood panels. They made em for over twenty years, stopped for the war and never started em up again. If people bought em then, I betcha they're gonna sell some today too.

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
Behold! Polaris Sling Shot in flesh and bones.

View attachment 88306
Still don't care for the back end but I bet it's fun to drive.

there was this British outfit called Morgan Motor Co. They made a three-wheeler like that. Even had an air-cooled v-twin and wood panels. They made em for over twenty years, stopped for the war and never started em up again. If people bought em then, I betcha they're gonna sell some today too.
I hear they started making them again some time back with the S&S motor up front.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I would have liked to see Polaris refine what they market now instead of wasting a huge amount of money developing this thing.....And can they bring it to market at a price anyone can afford ......
I would bet that YOU were the guy telling the rest of us not to buy Apple when they introduced the iPhone because Apple "needed" to focus on what they marketed then (computers) and we all know how well THAT turned out :ltr: for those that did not buy Apple stock when it was under $10/share. Sounds like it's time to buy more PII! cheers

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
The spiders have a whole bunch of electronics to keep the trike stable. I hope Polaris has done the homework on this or it's going to be short lived....

I would have liked to see Polaris refine what they market now instead of wasting a huge amount of money developing this thing.....

And can they bring it to market at a price anyone can afford ......
From what I understand; they have been working on this for quite a few years now. This isn't an afterthought or something they haven't researched but your point is well received.

·
Registered
209 Posts
the Sling Shot is suppose to sell for about $30,000. It has a GM 2.4 inline four cyl motor. Top peed is around 130 MPH. According to a article on the internet about a week ago. Three different articles, three different motors. My bad. We will just wait and see.

·
Premium Member
13,704 Posts
the Sling Shot is suppose to sell for about $30,000. It has a GM 4.2 four cyl motor. Top peed is around 130 MPH. According to a article on the internet about a week ago.
WHAT!?

At that price it's definitely a niche market but when I lived in Lake Havasu, a fairly upscale town, I would see all the toys there so there are people who can afford them but I ain't one of them sadly.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the Sling Shot is suppose to sell for about $30,000. It has a GM 4.2 four cyl motor. Top peed is around 130 MPH. According to a article on the internet about a week ago.
Gm 4.2 ? 4200cc. That would be a massive 4cyl

First off ....Polaris builds motors. Why would they use a GM motor.
First mistake.....

That thing should be lite enough to run on a 1000cc RZR motor.
Starting to sound like they missed the boat on this....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Gm 4.2 ? 4200cc. That would be a massive 4cyl

First off ....Polaris builds motors. Why would they use a GM motor.
First mistake.....

That thing should be lite enough to run on a 1000cc RZR motor.
Starting to sound like they missed the boat on this....[/

My bad. not sure of motor. Might be a Polaris ATV motor. We'll just wait and see.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts