Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Team:

Any advise about what slip-on to get?

Thinking on the Vance & Hines Hi-Output but no idea if it is a good one (Also the most expensive just for a slip-on ($800.00):
HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS BLACK - VANCE & HINES

There also the RCX slip-on that is cheaper $625.00:
RCX-EXHAUST for Victory Cross Country & Cross Road Models | RC Components Blog

Then the Bassani slip-on for $640:
Part# 6C17B Bassani Exhaust - Bassani.com

and then the cheapest one seems to be the Arlen Ness Big Honkers for $450.00:
Arlen Ness Muffler Kit

Currently my exhaust is stock, just drilled out the center wall and around the cap.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Another to consider are D & Ds - High quality look great and sound is deep and quiet until you hit the throttle then they roar :smile

If you want real loud these are not the ones - but at highway speeds there is no droning and you can hear your music etc. Nice balence of sound and performance.

·
Registered
92 Posts
BIG GONZO'S or go home. $275 plus a $150 core charge. Fantastic sound and there are multiple performance shops that reccomend these. Kevin Cross being one of them.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I Recommend Miller Mufflers in either the short or long baffle models , my bike makes 98.5 HP with the long baffles and NO CAMS . They are affordable and sound fantastic .

·
Premium Member
996 Posts

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Hello Team:

Thinking on the Vance & Hines Hi-Output but no idea if it is a good one (Also the most expensive just for a slip-on ($800.00):

The wife bought me the V&H from the following website for Christmas. Click "add to cart" to see the final price.
Vance & Hines 4 1/2 Hi-Output Slip-Ons - Black - 10-14 Victory (1801-0727) by Vance & Hines -

I would have a set of miller mufflers myself if the wife hadn't got me the V&H.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have the Big Gonzo's myself. I get complemented for the Throaty sound all the time.

That being said i've never heard a bad thing about Miller Mufflers either. Its nice knowing that i didnt have to break the bank with either of the two options

·
Registered
314 Posts
Another option is Rajin Cajun mufflers. You can hear them on YouTube. Dave Newman does these, he can be contacted over one T H E V O G . N E T

Just got 126 HP and 124 torque out of a VM1 DR cam'd XC with a PCV and lloydz other basic goodies. I have the ripper XL version. Awesome pipes.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Another to consider are D & Ds - High quality look great and sound is deep and quiet until you hit the throttle then they roar :smile

If you want real loud these are not the ones - but at highway speeds there is no droning and you can hear your music etc. Nice balence of sound and performance.
I have a good used set. just broken in at 10K miles on them. 450 to your door

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Hello Team:

The wife bought me the V&H from the following website for Christmas. Click "add to cart" to see the final price.
Vance & Hines 4 1/2 Hi-Output Slip-Ons - Black - 10-14 Victory (1801-0727) by Vance & Hines -

I would have a set of miller mufflers myself if the wife hadn't got me the V&H.
Even better price - $$639.96

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts