Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had experience with both willing to share their thoughts? And what additional mods did you do to get the best performance from either the slip-on or full exhaust?

·
Registered
554 Posts
So far slip ons make more power with less modifications than the full systems. I spoke with Lloyd about the dual Freedom Performance pipes I have and he said that they are seeing some of the biggest power gains with stock exhausts on the Vision. Slip on exhaust has made the biggest power on some of the other bikes.

Dyno numbers of my bike with the true dual pipes back up their statements. Seat of the pants riding it feels more powerful however and head to head against friends it is faster. I am able to pull more distance on acceleration from a stop and roll on acceleration than I did with just slip on exhaust and the bike pulls harder with 2 people.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. So what are the typical modifications done along with the slip-ons vs. the full exhaust? I would assume that both require a new air filter but what about fuel management systems? Do they differ for a slip on vs. a full exhaust system?

Thanks for your replies.

·
13,262 Posts
Thanks for the reply. So what are the typical modifications done along with the slip-ons vs. the full exhaust? I would assume that both require a new air filter but what about fuel management systems? Do they differ for a slip on vs. a full exhaust system?

Thanks for your replies.
Maybe I missed it but model bike are you asking about

·
Registered
554 Posts
I just assumed a Cross or Vision based on the section posted.

Standard add ons are whatever you can afford and want to do.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The exhaust question would be for a XC. Sorry for not being specific.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts