Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to ride over small patch of grass and go over a curb to asphalt... 3 miles per hour and regulator caught the curb. I tried cranking and runs fine. I'll take some pics later.

Bike is no longer perfect. Wonder if okay to ride it see what happens.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dill, is there something wrong with you lately?

Duh! You think!

Hey! I screw up if I drink and screw up when I don't. But guess what? I'm living life and thankful for the good and bad. I'm not trying to migrate to Germany and dying in a locked up truck. I'm not killing my wife a coworker and then myself. I'm riding and sharing the crap that happens to dill and happy as a pig in slop.

How's that for an answer? 😜

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Those pics sure look like an ouchie.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
No it's not! It's a pot hole finder.

I have a tendency to be rebellious. I'm gonna glue it and put a fake radiator on it. :grin

If you are going to glue it do it sooner than later Dill.
You want to keep any moisture out of it. Make sure you get it good an sealed up. That is probably the most important thing. If there is any grease or oil on it on it buy a can of plastic safe electrical contact cleaner and use that , maybe on a qtip to get it clean enough to glue. If it is working, why not?

·
Premium Member
13,294 Posts
You should make a skid plate so you can try this again
It really should have one on there stock from the factory. Especially since Vic's don't have a frame under the motor. Not sure that's the best place for them to have mounted the regulator either.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Never a dull moment Dill.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
It's a pot hole finder.
I can sympathize with this as I seem to hit every pothole and divot in the road ...:mad:

If you are going to glue it do it sooner than later Dill.
Provided its even functioning at this point ..... I would throw a meter on it make sure your charging so you don't get stuck somewhere ....:wink

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As I said it's working but it is damaged. I also see a small crack in the starter. It took the full weight of the bike and myself and came to an abrupt stop after I bottomed out on the curb so I can't trust that the regulator will not eventually fail.

I'm thinking I need to order a new regulator and the mount. Looks like an easy install. Anytime in the past dill thought... eazy? always turned into a monster.

I'm always up for suggestions and if you guys think I need to play it safe and not ride until this is fixed. I have no experience with regulators.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Not sure what type bike you have but I replaced the regulator/rectifier on my Cross Country Tour and it was not complicated. It was a bit of a pain in the butt since I did not jack the bike up to do it and the bolts to secure the reg/rect are inserted vertically upward from below the bike but I managed. I also took this opportunity to secure the reg/rect wiring so it dangled a little less.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I managed. I also took this opportunity to secure the reg/rect wiring so it dangled a little less.
Yeah! I wanted to know if y'all had done this before and I will not be able to jack it up.

Also, when this jarring incident occurred, I noticed the tail light wiring underneath back fender was resting on the tire. I'll have to secure that now.

I've been looking around and this may end up costing around $150 plus.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts