Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smoked the lights. Came out pretty good. I just got done putting it all back together. Hardest part was removing the front turn signals. I will buff them out in the morning. Only cost me the price of the VHT night shades can from NAPA. I will take better pics in the morning sun.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I really like the looks of that, you did a good job.thumb up

·
Registered
634 Posts
Changes the look a lot. Did that to mine and a quick shot of clear too. Been good ever sice. Nice job!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty basic. You can choose to remove the lights or mask the bike up. I took out the trunk lights and turn signals and masked off the tail light. Make sure to clean the lights really well with an alcohol or thinner base solution to remove all oils, wax and polish.
Then shoot it nice and even. Follow the instructions on the can. You can opt to clear coat if you want. Let dry and you are smoked. Ive done this to my other bikes and my cars never had a problem. Don't go to dark then you wont get enough light out to be effective.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Make sure this is legal in your state. In Pa you will not pass inspection.
no inspection here in the okie. just want to do the front, figure I need all the light I can get on the rear. These folks don't pay attention too well down here :)

·
13,247 Posts
Very cool but I have been known to have a beer and when a cop see the taillights he might want to pull you over and I don't need that

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Very cool but I have been known to have a beer and when a cop see the taillights he might want to pull you over and I don't need that
Just don't go too dark. A mild polishing compound will bring back the shine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I just painted my upper wind deflectors all black to blend in with the bike looks awesome. Gonna take my windshield in and have it limo tinted nice and dark. Going to start adding more chrome soon. I'll try to get pictures later.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Lookin good! You might have just pushed me over the Vision line... hehe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts