Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Smoked turn signals

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  aleksandrov 
#1 ·
I don't know if this is covered somewhere- I wasn't able to find it if so- but I read that the Ducati Monster uses the same turn signals as the Vics... And they have non-OEM smoked and clear lenses but you'll have to buy orange bulbs.

I bought a set of the smoked lenses from eBay. Terrible. The little L-tab on the end is not the proper length and they snap off if you shove them in and then push the lens into place. I used a dremel to shave them a little and it didn't help.

I've seen them on the bikes- so I'm wondering where to get them so that they actually fit?

Any ideas??

Front Turn Signals Lens For Ducati Monster 2001-2005 Smoke US

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I ordered them from Amazon. Must be a quality control issue as mine fit fine. It was snug but it fit.

#3 ·
Probably... I paid $37 for all 4 on eBay instead of that for 2 on Amazon. I'd think they are all made in China anyhow.

#4 ·
This is where the problem was... I ended up sanding them thinner to get them to fit but it still snapped, Holding them up to the OEM ones, you couldn't really tell there was going to be any issues, but they simply didn't fit.

Ugh.

Now I'm trying to get the vendor to do something for me.

Attachments

Reactions: CPT PYRO
#5 ·
I now have a pair from MadHornets.com and a set from eBay. Both from China- probably the same factory. Neither set fit.

eBay- this set had small L shaped tabs that wouldn't fit all the way down into the slot and when I tried to put the lens on, it snapped one off. The fit was not 100% and didn't sit right.

MadHornets.com- This set had L Shaped tabs longer and they did fit, but then the cylinder that the screw inserts into hits the inside of the housing and it doesn't fit right either. Once I made it fit by swearing at it for a while, moving and tweaking things, etc... I found that there's a gap on the inside edge and that it's not as wide from top to bottom as the blinker assembly is- when attached, it sat almost inside the turn signal black housing. Horrible fit.

Both places are being ridiculous for returns. Asking for pics of this, pics of that, specs on the bike, etc...

Don't waste your time. I may take the OEM orange ones and tint them. I saw a trick online using RIT dye and it's reversible (supposedly) by using bleach.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.