Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Cee Baileys dark smoked windscreen I really liked, but thrashed it. Just went to their website to find they no longer make motorcycle windscreens. Anyone know of other aftermarket companies that do Vic products?

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Clearview Shields makes windshields for Victory, I believe.

·
13,263 Posts
get a hold of Cee Baileys I thought I read where they will custom make one

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
get a hold of Cee Baileys I thought I read where they will custom make one
just got off the phone with them, they closed down their motorcycle operations... :frown

·
Registered
540 Posts
only other ones that i know of making crossroads shields is 7Jurock. might find something there as they have a bevy of heights and widths available.. not sure about tinted, but they might do it for a small custom fee, like the flip at the top that is not listed as a standard offering.

7JuRock - VICTORY CROSS ROADS 2010-UP WINDSHIELD

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
That is why I snatched up a second OEM windscreen when Polaris announced the closing. It was already getting tough to find Cross Roads specific items since they quit making them a few years back. I run with the shorty OEM shield but found a medium sized one from a dealer for $125 or so back in the spring for my back up.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I want the same thing...w/a vent....so maybe I shouldn't remind you :| But keep an eye on ebay...They come & go quickly on there.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
I have a 7Jurock flip on my XR - don't know the height off the top of my head, but its the same as the OEM mid height. Great improvement over the factory one. It works so well that I have another w/s I cut way way down to use when its hot out. That way, I can get some breeze.
I have the 7Jurock that goes no lower that the Vic one, but doesn't have that narrowing feature at the bottom. I would buy another one if I needed to.

·
Registered
2010 Cross Country / stock 106 with glasspack mufflers
753 Posts

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
That's not a CrossRoad shield though........
Having a Cross Roads is to the Cross Country guys like owning a V-Rod is to Harley guys. We don't exist. :devil

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well...:) I don't get into brand/model bashing...But I will say that other than the N-1st gear, and 1-2 shift of my CrossRoad...It is my favorite motorcycle to date. I have owned several, a few brands, over many years. So I think ? I am qualified to give a valid opinion.

As for the XR-V-XC I just never did care for a larger fairing. A windshield is fine for me...that said, i do like a smaller fairing [if it actually works] {wind blast control} speaking. I do like the color balance they add to the motorcycle.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Having a Cross Roads is to the Cross Country guys like owning a V-Rod is to Harley guys. We don't exist. :devil
Not entirely true; the first-ever Vic I rode was a XR. It's what had me investigating Victory as a possible replacement for my Goldwing.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Not entirely true; the first-ever Vic I rode was a XR. It's what had me investigating Victory as a possible replacement for my Goldwing.
Yours is just one voice out of many Broggy. I've had XC guys ask what model is that and how'd you change the fairing to a windshield?
I have ridden fully faired bikes since the late 1970s and I gotta say that I enjoy the unfettered view I now have with my XR. And I do not miss the 30 pounds on the bars.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Consider me the exception to the rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: RICZ

·
Registered
2010 Cross Country / stock 106 with glasspack mufflers
753 Posts
Not to hijack the thread further than necessary with this new direction but it's the perfect time to add two observations; First - my last windshield bike (a Kawi Nomad) actually had better wind protection than the Cross Country, that bigass windscreen just worked really well and I made it even better my cutting my own that was a couple inches oversized from 1/8" Lexan (pic below), so I am very cool with full windshields; Second - I assumed that switching to a hard fairing would be even better wind protection but though that was quickly proven false, I never did experience any ill effect from the extra "30 pounds" hanging off my handlebars, probably credited to the great chassis of the Cross bikes, nor did I miss the extra road view. Not a damn thing wrong with a full-windshield's functionality but I have to admit I'm now spoiled by the dashboard and speakers being right up front :)

hand-cut lexan windshield on '04 Nomad

1 - 20 of 23 Posts