Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its figgin' hot around here in the NE and I heard the a weather person say the humidity is as high as it can be without raining :(
I went out for a ride yesterday and there is no cool, just different levels of hot...lol

·
Registered
742 Posts
I was out in the sun briefly on a job yesterday and nearly heat-stroked. After that I didn't even bother trying to ride. Today's not looking so good either :( but I'll probably wait till early evening and give it a shot. Our riding season is too short to miss 2 days in a row from stupid heat.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was out in the sun briefly on a job yesterday and nearly heat-stroked. After that I didn't even bother trying to ride. Today's not looking so good either :( but I'll probably wait till early evening and give it a shot. Our riding season is too short to miss 2 days in a row from stupid heat.
I have a 3 day weekend(was supposed to be doing a tour but it got cancelled due to the weather and storms in the area) So I'm going to brave it and get as much riding as I can tolerate it ;) Want to meet up later?

·
13,003 Posts
Here in Minnesota we have been dealing with heat and lots of high humidity. I leave the house with a bottle of water and stop a lot for some. Go straight for the back roads no stop and go for me.
They say the high humidity comes from the farmer's corn. Do a search on the net

·
Super Moderator
4,972 Posts
I know the feeling but without the stifling humidity.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
weathers perfect warm winter here in OZ:smile
baking under the noon sun at the Nostalgia Drags yesterday, inhaling burnt rubber and nitro-methanol fumes with a touch of avgas as well as fuel perfume.
Perfect!

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
hot again today... gotta stay on the shady backroads...

HC you should mod your saddlebag brackets to lower the bags down a bit... Not sure why all Vic brackets are like that. Thinking it has something to do with the cannon sized factory mufflers.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I realize they are not victory brackets... Those are US saddlebags. I am not concerned about just making a suggestion. I thought you could fabricating anything in your buddies MC shop.. Why do you have to respond like a ****? Pain is right your a fucking douche.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I did 300 miles yesterday with Wifey on the back , temp gauge never went below 99 F even at 8 pm when we rolled in to home . She pretty much said she is never riding with me again .:ltr: I'm not kidding either , I believe her . It was a stifling heat and we got stuck in some stop and go traffic .

Anyone need an updated lock and ride backrest with the new 3 bolt rack set-up ? I may not need it anymore .:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did 300 miles yesterday with Wifey on the back , temp gauge never went below 99 F even at 8 pm when we rolled in to home . She pretty much said she is never riding with me again .:ltr: I'm not kidding either , I believe her . It was a stifling heat and we got stuck in some stop and go traffic .

Anyone need an updated lock and ride backrest with the new 3 bolt rack set-up ? I may not need it anymore .:rolleyes:
I was wondering how K was going to handle conditions yesterday....I had a feeling it was going to end badly(or goodly depending on how you look at it ;) )
So are you ready for more today? ...cuz' I am going to head out soon

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
It ended up BAD , she was even crying at times ... I felt bad but WTF we are Bikers !!!! Not gonna make it today buddy , I got the honey do list and also a lot of my own crap I have to do ....:crying

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Been in the 90s here, haven't cracked triple digits here in the southern basin yet. Plenty hot for me though, especially since our house is (literally) a century old with no central air. Not too bad for riding though, although there's a big fire in central ID hazing things up and wrecking the air quality. That's harder on me than the heat.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts