Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told there's a thread somewhere that gave instructions on how to tap the fuel pump with a brass fitting after making the bonehead mistake that I just made... Any help finding that thread or help with tapping it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Oh dear ... Yes I remember that tread ... Let me look for it

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I was told there's a thread somewhere that gave instructions on how to tap the fuel pump with a brass fitting after making the bonehead mistake that I just made... Any help finding that thread or help with tapping it would be greatly appreciated!
I believe that it was Ricz who had that issue. He should be around shortly.
Good part is it worked really well and has been a lasting repair.

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Also about half way through this thread Ricz chimes in.

Click here

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Found it .... Read that so you don't do the same ...

Good luck ...

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=8987

Just follow the manual, empty tank and 2 people .... I always use my wife "fine" hands to guide the hose ... And I bought a nipple clamp

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Them ther fancy pliers are pricey if I remember looking them up. Not like you can go to Harbor Freight and buy a pair.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all! After seeing RicZ's fix, I sent him a PM asking for some more details... Hopefully I hear from him and can get it fixed up by tomorrow night. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Picture's PLEASE .... so we can all see what's happening ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, but this is the only pic I took...this is what it looked like last night when I closed up the garage. Figured I'd let the epoxy cure until I get out of work and done with my other "adult" tasks today. Fingers crossed that by tonight it's all back together, running and not leaking

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Lets hope it works mate ...

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Ha HABHA no pictures ....
Ohhhhh wait got a good one ...
Getting off track now ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RicZ is officially my hero! after messaging back and forth with him all day Monday and using his "fix" Monday night, I let the adhesive cure over night, put the bike back together last night, took it for a 20 mile shakedown and pulled in the garage happy! Seems to have worked! Thank all of you who posted the links and suggestions and THANK YOU Ric!

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
RicZ is officially my hero! after messaging back and forth with him all day Monday and using his "fix" Monday night, I let the adhesive cure over night, put the bike back together last night, took it for a 20 mile shakedown and pulled in the garage happy! Seems to have worked! Thank all of you who posted the links and suggestions and THANK YOU Ric!
Yup Ric is a good guy always willing to help out. As is many of the guys in here. A lot of talent in this forum. I have and continue to learn a great deal from everyone. No such thing as as stupid question...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts