Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
13,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
minneapolis had over 150 cars towed and St Paul had 200 cars towed.
minneapolis is $179 fine and St Paul is $239
we have apps and web sites that will give you a warning but these people don't believe. On the news there were 5 people said this is the second time they were towed.
They plow north to south first then east to west.
How the hell do you not know when it snows out to move your car.

·
13,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the city will call you and tell you. All you have to do is sign up

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
snow tyres!!

my biggest beef is people slipping + sliding on worn out all season but winter tyres. here in Pa were getting pounded now, + my neighbor in a new AWD SUV is stuck getting out of his parking spot on a mild grade, no snow tyres!! years ago i helped push a 4 WD blazer on an almost flat area, again no snow tyres!! they should be a LAW!!!! in snow belts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Never use 'em

Ain't exactly sayin' you're wrong just sayin' consider what passes for a "driver" today. I've never used "snow tires"and have NEVER needed them. in snow. Or Ice. Or......anytime. Usually the problem is with the nut behind the wheel. My not so humble opinion is if they knew how to drive anything but a mini van with a slushbox in the first place snow/ice etc. would be a moot point. Drivers!!!!......ROFL

No harassment intended.

Reactions: doobliss

·
Registered
129 Posts
my biggest beef is people slipping + sliding on worn out all season but winter tyres. here in Pa were getting pounded now, + my neighbor in a new AWD SUV is stuck getting out of his parking spot on a mild grade, no snow tyres!! years ago i helped push a 4 WD blazer on an almost flat area, again no snow tyres!! they should be a LAW!!!! in snow belts
I have all terrains on my 4x4 Z-71 pickup truck. As long as the snow does not come over the hood to much I do not have any problems. I think a lot of it comes down to money in my area. Folks around here can barely afford to keep their heaps on the road. They just can't afford to keep a pair of snow tires on seperate rims for when it snows.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Everyone up here in the north country just laughs at the southerners. My 16 year old kid drives in snowstorms no problem.

In 2008 we could walk onto the roof of the barn. My snowbanks were 10' high. I just don't understand how an inch of snow can shut down Washington or a couple feet of snow terrorize an area.

Look up the winter that upstate NY got FOUR FEET in one storm. My buddy was at work the next day. I think that was early 2000's

It's the heat we can't take. No A/C needed here.

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
We so rarely get significant snow in the South it really isn't cost effective to maintain a fleet of plows and sanders. Everyone enjoys the day off and then its all gone.
I moved here from Boston 27 years ago. I laughed at them at first, then I came to appreciate the wisdom of their way.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Snow? It was 72 here today climbing to 78 later in the week. I don't do snow.

·
Banned
471 Posts
25 inches where I'm at, 11021

My wife's Durango, limited, 5.7 hemi, with 20" AT tires, locked in 4WD low....cuts thru the snow. Only issue is going down a step hill, that can be a little tricky.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts