Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've run with 18" apes on my last two Dynas but I don't want the expense of cables etc at the moment.

Love the high/hard ball bars but not paying that price!

From what I've read I obviously need inch bars and non-knurled but can I get away with 14" bars on the stock cables/lines on my XR or do I need to go smaller, 12" etc

Any pictures would be appreciated ;)

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
988 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
When I put the Gorilla bars on my 11 CR I only extended my front brake line 2 inches

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know. I'll try re-routing but if I need to get a longer brake line that's not the end of the world!

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Yep I had the same experience. I did Witchdoctors gorilla style bars and I had to change the brake line. I went 3 inches longer. Could have done two but was playing it safe.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Only had to re-route the clutch cable (cut the cable tie), no extensions were needed.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've run with 18" apes on my last two Dynas but I don't want the expense of cables etc at the moment.

Love the high/hard ball bars but not paying that price!

From what I've read I obviously need inch bars and non-knurled but can I get away with 14" bars on the stock cables/lines on my XR or do I need to go smaller, 12" etc

Any pictures would be appreciated ;)

Thanks in advance!
Check Buy Honda,Polaris,Kawasaki,Yamaha,Suzuki,Can-Am,KTM,Parts you can get the Hardball/Highball bars for significantly less than from Victory. I bought them from Victory in Canada as they would have ended up costing the same if I got them from the US after taxes, shipping, etc.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check Buy Honda,Polaris,Kawasaki,Yamaha,Suzuki,Can-Am,KTM,Parts you can get the Hardball/Highball bars for significantly less than from Victory. I bought them from Victory in Canada as they would have ended up costing the same if I got them from the US after taxes, shipping, etc.
Thanks, I ended up going with a set of Drag Specialities bars in the end. Much cheaper and easier to get hold of this side of the pond..

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts