Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided to trade the bike in on a 2013 Triumph Tiger 800. I've been itching to get into the "adventure bike" thing (bunch of friends are into this) and last weekend, I test road one, and that pretty much sealed the deal. I was going to try to keep both bikes, but decided to trade in due to finances. Anyways, it's been fun and thanks to everyone who's been so helpful on the forums.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I would like to get an Dual Sport/adventure bike myself. Wouldn't get rid of my cruiser though. Got to save up. Those Triumphs look like nice bikes so enjoy.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I just got a Honda XR650L about a couple weeks ago- been wanting to get back into dirt riding for a long time. Have not yet had a chance to get it dusty, except a mile long ride down the side of some railroad tracks.

I test rode the Tiger, what a great bike! A buddy has one, & he loves it. He thinks I will do better in the dirt with my 650 than he ever could on his tiger tho. I don't understand his thoughts on that.

I would like to own a Tiger eventually, but I figgrd I'd get into a much cheaper used dual sport first to check the waters, make sure it's something I really want to do before I drop 10 grand +.

I too will not give up my Vic!!

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Do it while you can, J. If I was 40 years younger, I'd be there too. Dual sports and adventure bikes are so good now and the equipment and accessories have come a long way too. I envy you.

·
Registered
837 Posts
My favorite saying is "Doesn't matter what letters are on the tank, it's still the same wind in your face"(assuming you are wearing a half helmet of coursecheers. Ride safe my friend!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ride safe and enjoy that Triumph. They make great bikes. I have a KLR that I love. I keep it around because unless it's warm and dry, I'm not getting the Victory out. There is way too much chrome and polished aluminum to ride it in the rain. The KLR gets hosed off after a ride and dries itself in the garage. A little bit of lube on the chain and it's good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts