Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

So new at this i'm extra special...

770 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cdragonm 
#1 ·
So, let me tell you what I did this week...

Ordered some Highway bars from J&P Cycles (cheaper than everywhere else, but not by much) and I was happy o get them. Tried to install then and... Well i present to you Evidence One: (hopefully the forum resizes it) Notice the top mount. Looks off right? Whats going on? Did I somehow get the wrong part? Come on! 400 bux I have to get refunded back! Argh!

NOW, Keep looking at that picture. Notice what the real issue is? I didn't, not for nearly a week that is.

So a bit of backstory, when I bought this the footboards were moved further forward and being a bit shorter I didn't like that. So I moved them back. There was space so i did it. I had to wait for a shift linkage bar but whatever. That's the issue. See I called Polaris and asked how long a rod/bar would I need to move the footboards back and they said there is no moving them back. Well...odd, I already moved them, and that day the rod I ordered arrived and fit perfectly anyway (could be a little shorter...). So the reason I could move them back is because the last owner added this.

Evidence #2:

I don't know if this is home made, some after market part or what but this was used to move the footboards forward and I assumed they were stock. So, I finally put two and two together, came up with 16 and fixed the issue.

See less See more
#2 ·
NOW, Keep looking at that picture. Notice what the real issue is? I didn't, not for nearly a week that is.

I don't know if this is home made, some after market part or what but this was used to move the footboards forward and I assumed they were stock. So, I finally put two and two together, came up with 16 and fixed the issue.
Aha! That would do it, for sure :)

#3 ·
Great you figured it out. I had Lindby highway bars on the Vegas and really liked them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.