Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that its cooler I was wondering about getting some soft lowers for my 14 XCOUNTRY. How well do they work for blocking the wind from your lower legs? Do you think they are worth the money? Which is better leather or some sort of cloth?
Where did you find yours?
Thanks brandon

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the Victory ones and I love them. They made a huge difference and its comfortable to ride now in the colder weather without chaps. With chaps its even that much more protection.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had the Victory soft lowers on my Kingpin. It made a big difference in the cold. Extended the riding season, or at least the length of rides.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I have them on my XR and they work great. The only downside is that with them on it shoots a concentrated amount of air straight up to my chin area where with them off it is just a bunch of wind coming from underneath. I am sure the fork lowers would solve this but a scarf around my chin is much cheaper than the $300 Ma Vic wants for them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Totally agree, I love mine! The fork lowers would make it even better but a good neck wrap works just fine.......for way less investment. Found mine on ebay out of Canada , good price quick shipping no complaints.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Totally agree, I love mine! The fork lowers would make it even better but a good neck wrap works just fine.......for way less investment. Found mine on ebay out of Canada , good price quick shipping no complaints.
eBay out of Canada here too. Had GREAT customer service with an issue I had. I changed my mind and wanted closed instead of open end covers,and he swapped them out no questions asked.

They and the Madstad make a DRAMATIC difference in cold weather riding. I did add the FAIRING mounted air deflectors from Vic and helped even more. I still wear a half-mask/scarf if it is very cold or long ride.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I had them for a season and while they did work great in eliminating the cold and buffeting, when I got to those not-quite-cold-enough days where you're deciding whether to have them on or not, if I left them on, the heat generated on my legs were unbearable. For the price, they are excellent, but I ended up installing the factory wind management system from the XCT and I've been much happier with it. Of course, it will depend on your budget...

·
Registered
586 Posts
I've had the Victory soft lowers for my Kingpin from the day I bought it. For cooler Wisconsin riding, they block the wind and let your feet warm off the engine heat. For hot weather, a clip and a couple of snaps and your back to the cooling needed by the passing air. Much more versatile than hard lowers in my opinion.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a '13 XC, I took some automotive vinyl to the lady sews are patches, and one highway bar. We laid everything out and began sewing, made a couple adjustments then final fit. Sewed on some straps and quick buckles, viola, soft lowers, cost me $10. I also made my own fork lowers, clamps from JP Cycles, and then local glass shop for 1/4" lexan, total $72. Definitely kills the cool on the lower extremities.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Big fan of my soft lowers on my XCthumb up. On & off in a couple of minutes. Fold flat in the bottom of the bags & take up no space at all. Nice to have even in the summer on a rainy day too!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ironically, my soft lowers came in today. Ordered on eBay from that guy in Canada. For the price, seems like a great deal. Of course, it is currently snowing (up to 12" expected) to be followed by a few days of deadly cold. No soft lowers are going to make it comfortable enough to ride in that. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you have the forged bars, Cee Bailey is another option. I run with the summer flectors year round.
Another option for soft lowers is Sage Brush Designs http://www.sagebrushdesigns.com/ He will do custom stuff like logos etc and he turns out quality stuff.

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Glad I found this thread. Rode in today (~ 30 degrees) and the only thing that got cold were my feet. Ordered my soft lowers which hopefully will help manage that for me in the future.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Soft Lowers for Tubular Crash Bar

Does anyone know of soft lowers for the tubular crash bar? I have found the soft lowers for the forged but not for the tubular. I had soft lowers on my Road Glide and loved them!!

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Does anyone know of soft lowers for the tubular crash bar? I have found the soft lowers for the forged but not for the tubular. I had soft lowers on my Road Glide and loved them!!
These are used and loved by many, including myself
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VICTORY-CROSS-COUNTRY-CROSS-ROADS-ENGINE-GUARD-SOFT-LOWERS-1-QUALITY-WARRANTY-/390683118059?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af68749eb&vxp=mtr

You can get them open or closed sided, depending on if you have highway pegs or not.
Great quality for the price!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts