Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I'm new to this Victory thing so be gentle with me here.

I've noticed that once in a while I'll get a "soft" throttle response while downshifting, I'll explain...

As is my habit (which I'm trying to break), when I downshift I use the throttle to raise the rpm slightly during the shift. I understand that "blipping" the throttle on a Victory is a no-no as it confuses the computer and I don't have a problem with that. When I raise the rpm during a downshift I don't blip it but I feather it sort of like the same sort of thing you would do while rolling forward from a standing start in first gear. What I'm getting once in a while is a "soft" response as in no response from the throttle input or a hesitation if you will on rpm increase and once in a while the engine just dies.

So far this issue has never manifested itself while under load such as acceleration from a standing start or a roll on while under way. So my question is: Is this a normal thing on the 106? If so is there a cure that won't cost me an arm and a leg? If I'd have wanted to dump a pot load of money to make an engine run right I'd have bought a Harley if you know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
You could try disconnecting your 02 sensors , FREE , and richens up your mixture , and add a Lloyds 1/4 turn throttle ring , $19.95 , provides more throttle response with less turn of the throttle , easy install too . Make sure your battery connections are tight !

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a fan of playing with stuff like the O2 sensors simply because the engine was designed to run using them. On the other hand I like the idea of the 1/4 turn throttle though. One of the things that I've noticed is that the Victory seems to have a really long throttle on it and since I use a palm rest on the grip it's either too high around town or too low at highway cruise to be comfortable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts