Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Has anyone tried the soft lowers for the forged bars from the Victory catalog ?
I am just wondering if its worth buying them or putting the money towards the JTD hard lowers to eliminate the buffeting
Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i had them, they work good new, mine stretched some and acted as a parachute, i sold them. i made my own close outs from plexi and mounted them at the front inside edge of the lowers, they helped too. but most of your buffeting comes from the area between the top of the bars, and bottom of the fairing, so fork lowers like goodys will really help this, or you can make your own. i made my own out of plexi before goody started making his. i ended up ditching the forged bars( dont care fir the look myself) and went round bars and tour lowers, buffeting was very very minimal after that.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Soft lowers????

The good... Short term solution to cold weather or rain. When the weather is nice (or hot) you can take them off and get the full effect of the wind. They fold up tight and fit perfect in the saddle bag. They are also fairly inexpensive.

The bad... They block almost too much wind and will cook you if the temps are above say 65. They do stretch over time.

My solution for the Cross Country was CeBailey's "Summer" Flectors with the soft lowers for when the weather got nasty. Worked well enough and kept the forged bars.

The final solution is my current ride, Cross Country Tour.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure with Victory but with HD you must not use the soft lowers over 50f or the motor can overheat. I'd guess the Victorys would be similar. The hard lowers actually help cool HD s and possibly Victory.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Soft lowers????

The good... Short term solution to cold weather or rain. When the weather is nice (or hot) you can take them off and get the full effect of the wind. They fold up tight and fit perfect in the saddle bag. They are also fairly inexpensive.

The bad... They block almost too much wind and will cook you if the temps are above say 65. They do stretch over time.

My solution for the Cross Country was CeBailey's "Summer" Flectors with the soft lowers for when the weather got nasty. Worked well enough and kept the forged bars.

The final solution is my current ride, Cross Country Tour.

you got it together! looks great!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help
Does anyone want to send me some measurements of the victory fork wind deflectors like the ones in the pic
I would like to try and make some with the way the AUS $ is :crying + shipping it would cost me a fortune to buy some
Cheers

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts