Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2000 92SC which I like but the only thing about it I don't like is how hard the ride is. Has anyone put a different spring/shock on it to get a more comfortable ride on it? I have a airhawk seat pad but it only does so much. I even tore the stock padding out some and put in some memory foam/gel to see if that would help and still hard ride. The bike has 10k on it with stock suspension.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think it was right around $400. If you are interested I will dig up the part #. Have you updated the transmission? Or any problems with it. My transmission took a dump. I swapped the motor out for a freedom motor. It is a great bike I love my SC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the tranmission has been updated. I might be interested in that part number if you can find it.

·
Registered
92 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is a one piece seat. My wife complains about rides longer then an hour too. I did find a good thing to get rid of a lot of the vibrations in the bike, hence making it smoother/more comfortable... Put a new exhaust on it that has more back pressure then what I had one, HUGE difference, plus less sound for long rides is always a plus. Previous owner put a supertrap on it with the open end (only to be used for racing genereally) so it was a straight through exhaust. I put on another supertrap with 8 disks and the closed cap, world of difference!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mike,

Looking at MrBill's picture, I think he may have adapted the two piece seat to replace the single that came on the bike. Mine came factory with a two piece seat, so it's a simple replacement. You could probably make the two piece work, but you will probably have to purchase some additional hardware like bolts and spacers. I opened the box for the seat that just came and all I can say for the passenger seat is wow, it's almost as wide at the driver seat and a lot thicker than the factory one. I'll be putting mine on tonight and taking a test ride. I'm sure my sweetie will like it more now with the new seat.

Steve

·
Registered
92 Posts
All I can say is that my wife loves the updated seat. She was bitching a half hour into the ride with the original seat now she can do an easy 2 hour ride.

Mrbill65

1 - 12 of 12 Posts