Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just bought a solo luggage rack for my wife's Vegas Low. I haven't done too much tinkering with her bike yet as we just got it right before winter. So I'm needing some help on mounting it. I know it mounts where the rear seat would be, but how to I get the fender strut covers off and will I need to get bolts or should they already be there? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the Victory solo rack that fits the Vegas and Kingpin (Item #: 2874289-156). I bought it off ebay from Arizona Victory. I didn't figure it would be hard to mount. Just want to be prepared.

·
Registered
243 Posts
when you get the chrome struts removed, as diamond mentioned , you will see the bolts that hold the rear seat on, remove the seat , the rack bolts on using the seat bolt holes, new bolts may or may not have been included in the rack kit.

steve

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I was finally able to get around to putting the rack on last night. It was very simple. I did have to go buy bolts. Since this is a Low, there was no back seat and no bolts when I took the strut covers off. My biggest concern initially was I didn't realize those were just covers. Victory made this bike very easy to work on and I look forward to a long relationship together. Now I just have to get the Vegas paid off so I can get a Cross Country! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.