Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find a decent solo rack and solo seat for a 2000 v92sc? I've looked all over. {Or at least at the places I've found so far.} I'm debating on building a bobber, maybe not a full bobber but I do want the solo seat and rack. And has anyone really had much luck lowering the rear of the 2000 v92sc? I think I see a way but I want to see what luck others have had.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think it is low enough, and at 5'10" I am not tall. In my case a slightly smaller back wheel would suffice, however I would like to find a solo seat like the one that came on the bike without the back seat portion. What exactly do you mean solo rack?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I found a way to drop the rear end down about an inch or so but I need to get it down to New Mexico where I have some machining tools to try it out. If it works I'll post it later.

I found a bunch of seat kits on E-Bay and JP Cycles. Problem is the tank has the two bolts and the seat kits are weld on or a single bolt and the area where the seat springs might set is all vertical flat surfaces, no tubing or horizontal metal for the spring pins. Nothing I've seen would fit it. So tonight I'm going to research the single bolt bracket and see if it will fit between the two tank bolts (1 1/4 inches) or if it's wide enough to be drilled for the two tank bolts. Another option I've found is the under seat plate. I just couldn't find my metric ruler today to get it measure the seat area to see if it will fit. Oh Well. I've been seeing a hard bracket for the seat in some photos. It looks ideal but I can't find it anywhere yet.

This will be a one thing at a time project. The handlebar riser will be here Wednesday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts