Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try always to promote safety, courtesy, etc when it comes to riding. There are some riders that really are clueless. Out for a ride this morning and watched 3 guys leave from the local motorcycle dealer. All 3 made a right turn on red cutting off a car. Car beeped middle fingers went up. These guys would be the first to bitchb about cagers.

·
13,180 Posts
Like my old man always told me the only way you learn in the hard way.
So when one gets hurt ( I hope not ) then you will learn.
Every time I throw my leg over the first thing is I tell my self don't trust any one in seeing you and don't be stupid.

Little side not thank you to the stae tropper who didn't turn around and stop me doing 70 in a 55 today. I did slow down thinking you were coming after me.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
All you can really do is shake your head and make sure that anyone you are responsible for follows your lead rather than the ass clowns. I see the same here all the time and it's 50/50 split with cruiser/tourer riders and sport bikes.

The part that bothers me the most is that people that don't know better assume that all motorcyclists ride like idiots.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rolling stop. The driver that had the green had to slam on his brakes. Right turn is legal here but you have to yield to oncoming traffic. Last guy could have been killed if the driver had not slammed on his brakes

·
Registered
254 Posts
This is actually really ironic to me. We as a motorcycle community are constantly complaining of cage drivers and their lack of attention or respect for motorcyclists.

Around here though, I have found it is mainly the bikers that cause the most problems. I have seen and had bikers roll red lights to make right turns either in front of me or cars. Happens a lot around here. Most don't even look, they just roll. I've been cut off turning left as well. One of these instances I was in a right most left turn lane, guy on a sport bike pulls up next to me on my right (in the same lane mind you). I don't mind, I'll share a lane with another motorcycle, it's cool. Then the arrow turns green and not only does this guy turn left in front of me (not even taking off fast to get the hell out of the way), but also crosses over in front of me to the left, continuing to the left most lane cutting off every other person that was turning. I was livid. I saw red I was so pissed. Made me have to turn almost sharp enough to cross lanes as well. But I fought the urge to follow him and, well I don't know what I would've done had I caught up to him.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Try living outside of DC like myself. 95 is notorious for the idiots, most of them on sportbikes. I used to ride sportbikes and I would ride like my brain actually works when I rode mine but people see you on them and you just get that "ohh i bet you are one of those guys riding wheelies down the highway, huh?". Which usually got a response to no I am a guy who commutes on a bike because gas is $4 a gallon and I prefer to get my speed fix on a road course wearing full leathers.

These guys will split lanes, go in between cars, ride wheelies in traffic and I just shake my head.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I take it you mean they did not stop before making the right turn?
Right turn on red is perfectly lawful around here, after making a stop.
Jim
it's NEVER legal to CUT OFF the traffic who has the right-of-way like they apparently did. They can turn right only AFTER allowing regular traffic to flow.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I don't get it. You mean motorcycles don't all ways have the right of way no matter what? I thought all motorcycle accidents were the fault of the "cager". Learn something new everyday.:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts