Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 16yr old daughter passed her MC test and now has her unrestricted license, she still doesn't have her auto license lol. She has gone from a 150cc scooter to a 1990 Virago 250 to a 06 1200 Sportster Low in a year and a half. Here's a couple pics of her bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Good for her!! No cheaper or more enjoyable transportation! I haven't seen many teenage girls into bikes so this is fantastic for our sport.

I hope she enjoys herself!!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Good job training her right bro!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Good for her!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
A girl after my own heart. Next, she'll be moving up to the REAL American bike.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Should document dates and events. I have a feeling this girl is going places. Great job

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's cool. I once watched a typical sized 12 year old girl man handle a Fat Boy as part of the stunt riding group Hardly Angels. It's all about technique and not size of rider.

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
...and the donkey just happened to photo-bomb the second shot?
Must be Oatman, AZ. ;)

What year is the Sporty? I've always been impressed with the Sportsters because they have a better overall engine design than the bigger big twins Harley sells. I'm just too big of a guy to look right on one unfortunately. Starting in 2004 they really improved the Sporty motor and the 1200 is definitely the one to get. I wouldn't waste time or money on the weaker 883.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's an 06 Sportster Low (Rubber mount) only had 2500 miles on it and yeah the pic is from Oatman.

I'm not sure about it's top speed but the 1200cc engine in that light frame will get up and go from a stop, it's geared real well for "normal riding". If she decides someday she want's a Vic great but I'm no Harley hater so if she wants to keep this one it'll probably last her forever, I'm okay with that too.thumb up

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Must be Oatman, AZ. ;)

What year is the Sporty? I've always been impressed with the Sportsters because they have a better overall engine design than the bigger big twins Harley sells. I'm just too big of a guy to look right on one unfortunately. Starting in 2004 they really improved the Sporty motor and the 1200 is definitely the one to get. I wouldn't waste time or money on the weaker 883.
That is Oatman and the Sporty is an excellent bike very well designed.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Very cool-congrats to her. Another nice benefit, never have to worry about her texting while she's riding!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very cool-congrats to her. Another nice benefit, never have to worry about her texting while she's riding!
Besides our love of motorcycles texting was the other reason my wife and I bought her a motorcycle instead of a car. She actually has two motorcycles, she still has her 1990 Virago 250 she rides it around town and to school, I've put solo seats on both of them too:D

We made a deal with her we let her go to the lake or where ever with her friends but she has to ride her bike and meet them. We don't want her in a car or truck with a bunch of kids, alcohol was the killer when we were growing up but today it's cell phones. I'm a whole lot less worried about her on her bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts