Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
HD is full of crap. They do what is good for HD, not for America, not for their riders.

They can claim that the last time they lost their @sses, but when 30 some years ago it actually kept them from going bankrupt.

Look at the crap quality of those bikes from the 80's and early 90's. They can try and blame tariffs for lost sales, but it was better quality in other bikes, plus less cost to get those bikes that cost the company. Piss poor management and quality control.

Here is the funny thing...HD and its die hard club members claim India bikes are NOT for sale here, that they make the street bikes here for US sales.

If that is so...WHY is HD crying up a storm? Tariffs mean those India made bikes will be twice as expensive... if they make them in India and not here. If they actually make them here...what's the issue? No tariffs. If they try and sell them here...tariffs. Easy enough concept.

Secondly it will make their foreign competition more expensive, meaning US HD sales should rise. What they fear is the vast majority of foreign parts they use being taxed. Maybe HD should start upping the ante by using USA parts again.

Just a bunch of BS by HD. I take that article with a grain of salt.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Aren't those tariffs the reason why many companies started building their products here? Up until 2012 I think, the GL1800 Goldwing was made in Marysville, OH. How many Hondas, VWs, and other foreign makes are built here?

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Unless we have to, we try and get all the parts for any of our trade in bikes though a aftermarket vendor for HD. With that being said, we had had to get HD oem parts and have seen boxes that said made in India on them or other places over there. Have seen a couple Honda items that did not say made in Japan on them, mostly Vietnam or Taiwan.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Have seen a couple Honda items that did not say made in Japan on them, mostly Vietnam or Taiwan.
Honda has huge factories there as those two are major markets for them. Quality control is just as good as in Japan, I read.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Honda has huge factories there as those two are major markets for them. Quality control is just as good as in Japan, I read.
Seen a few Indonesian/Malaysia ones too, but those only seemed to be on gaskets, all engine and electrical items I have seen all said MADE IN JAPAN.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts