Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2013 Victory Vegas I'm at around 220 miles now and I'm wanting to know a few thjngs.

First off I'm wanting to get an exhaust eventually. I like both Cobra, and Vance and Hines. I know that Cobra makes victory's pipes. I'm wondering should I get a stage 1 kit for the Victory with the x-bow or 2 into 1 exhaust. Or should I wait for Vance and hines to make some stuff for the vegas. I emailed Vance and hines and they just started making stuff for victory's and the only thing they have right now is slip on for the touring bikes.

Also what tires do you guys run after your stock ones go out? I have looked at the Bridgestone exedra g850 for the rear and Bridgestone exedra max/shinko 777 for the front.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Forget both of those exhaust and go for rpw or freedom. You will get better performance and easier to tune. Spend your money right and get the stuff that works on this bike. You will be happier and won't have to go back and redo it to make it right. Mine already had the vic pipes or I never would have spent the kind of money the PO did on the parts that don't perform.
If I'm starting from scratch will a limited budget I'm going with rpw slash, afr+, ness filter, and timing wheel. Should get you around 100hp and 110tq for around $1300 self installed. Xbow plus stage 1 installed will cost about the same with about 10 less hp and tq.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forget both of those exhaust and go for rpw or freedom. You will get better performance and easier to tune. Spend your money right and get the stuff that works on this bike. You will be happier and won't have to go back and redo it to make it right. Mine already had the vic pipes or I never would have spent the kind of money the PO did on the parts that don't perform.
If I'm starting from scratch will a limited budget I'm going with rpw slash, afr+, ness filter, and timing wheel. Should get you around 100hp and 110tq for around $1300 self installed. Xbow plus stage 1 installed will cost about the same with about 10 less hp and tq.
Okay so don't get victory pipes. I don't like the rpw or the freedom you recommended. I do like the hacker rippers. And the hacker 2 into 1, and some bassani exhausts.

·
13,027 Posts
sorry you will not get a 100 horse. At best you'll maybe at 93 horse.
With out cams you'll never be at 100 horse

·
Premium Member
6,136 Posts
i read bad reviews of shinko for the front... if true I do not know of course.... but many websites say the tires only last a few thousand miles / km

SEARCH tire treads and post your findings??

It is difficult to make the right choice of tires .... but you got some time... I did 7400 Km so I can minimum go to 14.000 Km and I am looking HARD for the right choice now as buying / shipping takes LONG time for me...

Good luck.

See tread sample of tires;
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=20370

·
Registered
227 Posts
Before you do anything decide if you want performance or looks and set a budget. Then ask again!

As for tyres Avon Cobras work well.

PS. Welcome and enjoy your new bike.thumb up

·
13,027 Posts
Tire life is a lot up to you. If you run them at 40 psi you'll get more life out of them.
Checking the tire the first of every month and every two weeks when the temps gets over 95 degrees. You'll find you have lost 3 to 4 pounds of air.
Spend the money and buy a good gauge.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
welcome!

first off be sure to break it in right, that means no constant speeds + winding it out in 2 or 3 gear, gotta get enough heat to set the rings. a little warm up before riding is recommended as well. a good 2-1 peforms best + aftermarket full systems prolly won't have cats. noise is not power so DO NOT get any short drag pipe setup no matter their shape. lots of info to read on the forums. i have the ness air filter on my 13 hammer, its cheaper but harder to clean because being one piece its must be fully removed, also have the timing wheel an easy upgrade, + the Dobeck AFR+ fuel controller. IMO intake-exhaust + fuel controller is best bang for the buck, any more requires $$$$. as for tires more wear = less traction + quality brands are best!!

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
If you like the looks of the x-bow pipes, just go with them. If your willing to spent some $$ you can really wake up you bike and have a deep throaty sound. I asked Lloyd about going to the RPW to get more performance. With the mods i had done, he said i would gain some HP but would have less Torque than i have now. So i stayed with the looks as they look good on the KP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts