Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
12,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in Dec I went to the Doc wasn't feeling good on Friday Doc gave me some meds. On saturday I went back something didn't feel right. Never looked in the mirror. They put me in the hospital for 10 days some clean air room.Nurse wore masks when they came to poak me. I cam down with shingles and they found out I have cancer thats attacks the immune system. So the hole left of my face is numb and if I touch it hurts like hell. Can't shave can't hear out of my left ear and the back side of the ear produces a oil and my brain has to tell my left eye to blink. When I lay down I get never pains Doc says the face is waking up. Only on the computer a hour or two a day my brain gets all disoriented. So cause of the cancer it might take two years for this to get out of my system.
If your over 60 go get a shingle shot the vaccine is hard to come by. Or wind up like me
Don't dare to ride car is ok

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Oh my God man I'm so sorry you're going through this, looks terrible.
I wondered there you've been.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Yea, my thoughts exactly. God damn, man. Best wishes for you.

·
Registered
602 Posts
geeze....what a **** show you've found yourself in...best of luck getting that all sorted out...sending good thoughts you way!!

Take Care!

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Prayers inbound for your quick and complete restoration VJ.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Dayummm, that sucks! My mom had shingles and I remember the pain she was in. Have been on the wait list for almost a year for the vaccine.

Saying a prayer for your recovery.

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Back in Dec I went to the Doc wasn't feeling good on Friday Doc gave me some meds. On saturday I went back something didn't feel right. Never looked in the mirror. They put me in the hospital for 10 days some clean air room.Nurse wore masks when they came to poke me. I came down with shingles and they found out I have cancer that attacks the immune system. So the whole left of my face is numb and if I touch it hurts like hell. Can't shave can't hear out of my left ear and the back side of the ear produces an oil and my brain has to tell my left eye to blink. When I lay down I get nerve pains Doc says the face is waking up. Only on the computer a hour or two a day my brain gets all disoriented. So cause of the cancer it might take two years for this to get out of my system.
If your over 60 go get a shingle shot the vaccine is hard to come by. Or wind up like me
Don't dare to ride. Car is ok
I am so sorry to hear this VJ. Damn! I hope you get better a lot sooner than 2 years from now.

I took the liberty of making a few corrections to make your post a bit more readable since you're having trouble concentrating right now.

Prayers and good thoughts headed your way brother!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Positive thoughts your way sir. Get well.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Sorry to hear that VJ. I’m scheduled to get my shingles shot in a few weeks. Get better!

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
So sorry about the crap you are going through VJ. But your post and photo makes my travails a walk in the park be comparison. Thanks for the heads up about the shingles shot - I am overdue. My best thoughts are on your side buddy.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Soooooo sorry to read your storry, so happy you are able to share it with us, i had to google shingles, ... did you get shingles because the cancer effected your immune system ?

May we know what stage cancer you are in ?

Lots of love from a cancer survivor, you can do the @visionjohnny

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
So sorry about the crap you are going through VJ. But your post and photo makes my travails a walk in the park be comparison. Thanks for the heads up about the shingles shot - I am overdue. My best thoughts are on your side buddy.
This post made my eyes water ... snif

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
742 Posts
Holy GAD, now I see why you're in such a bad mood most of the time - what a puss on you. HAHaHaHa. I'm sorry I couldn't resist. Dude, it's really horrible what you're going through and I've got a ton of empathy and sympathy. I was shocked to see the picture and felt physical pain - that's right, my butthole puckered so hard it lifted me off the chair a good two inches. O U C H! Alright, let's get serious - the shingles is definitely messing up your appearance but we can hope that will clear eventually - but what's up with this cancer that attacks your immune system, lymphoma? Tell us more about that please when you're feeling up to it. And again, sorry for poking a little fun at you in the beginning of this message...you gotta admit that's one badass pic! Prayers and MOJO sent for healing.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Geeze mate, Looks like you're in a real pickle VJ..I'm really sorry to hear your news.
Wishes and prayers for your recovery.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Hey dude best wishes, hope it all works out for you....:):):ride::ride:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hope your feeling well soon ...Yah, got my shot last year.

·
12,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the well wishes.
The other day I was taking a break from raking leaves. I try to stay active and was sitting on the front steps when a gust of wind hit the side of my face. I could not hear it but could feel it. Very weird. I never could scratch my scalp cause it felt nike my finger nails were cat clas. As long as the cancer is attacking my immune system I have found vitamins. So now I take E B6 C and I found Gold Leaf extract to counteract it. I think it is helping. My face is about 85% back to normal but I still get sores acting up. Last night just below the chin line it started itching. It will drive you crazy and if you itch it you could spread the soars. My left eye still will not blink by itself I have to make it.
Guys when you see a doctor ask all kinds of questions cause they don't tell you everything. One time my doctor was in for 10 min and was ready to leave and hadn't told me ****. I ask him to sit down and tell me what was really going on. I did find out more but not enough. So ask even write down questions. I have 3 doctors and there all the same way.
I have found out guys 50 and older can get the shots too.
The vaccine is hard for doctors to get so get on a list NOW.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Glad to hear things are improving. And that is good advice about asking questions - guys tend not to do that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts