Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
13,247 Posts
wangosho
I don't know who you are but your not wanted here. Go stir up trouble ells where

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
wangosho
I don't know who you are but your not wanted here. Go stir up trouble ells where
Putting up a link that shows the superiority of the Victory Suspension over a Harley Davidson is stirring trouble???

They once said you meet the nicest people on a Honda.
You Sir, totally proved that stereotype.
I didnt log on to make friends nor enemies.
I logged on so I can make a better educated purchase with My hard earned American dollars.
Next time, I will avoid you like a minefield.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Welcome Wangosho! You will have to excuse my friend VJ... He rides a Vision and there was a dude on that thread bashing the Vision. What kind of bikes are you looking at? You truly meet the nicest people on all kinds of motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
C,mon VJ let the man be. This thread is interweb gold I'm telling you.

Bunch of Miata fans busting Harley for safety. RIOT! Pot... meet kettle.
I imagine if it's got two wheels and saddlebags it's a Harley to them like if it's got four wheels, a rag top and it's a shoebox, Pop calls it a Miata.

I dunno if I would consider me "the nicest people" but thanks for the link. One of them Mazdroids linked to the Landover site and that there is a site I haven't thought of in years. Still tearing it up (yes Virginia, it's not for real.)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Don't let VJ ruffle your feathers. Every family has "that uncle".

It is the interweb, so you'll get enough opinions for and against to sink a ship, along with "It" is the best/worst in the world.
I get tired of Vic trying to buck HD. Step out on your own Victory. You aren't going to touch HD's fan base no matter what you build. Be your own brand/circle/advocate. Vic builds a nice bike, with good qualities, but falls well short of HD in a lot of categories. For that matter,they fall short in comparison to Honda and Yamaha in many ways.

For the ride of a Vic, you'd really be hard pressed to top it. Suspension travel is only a small part of it. Handling and agility are also very good to superb. Sounds like you are doing your research, so lurk away, or step up and ask. The water is fine and the company is pretty good. All kinds of riding styles and regions to pull info from.

Welcome to the mayhem!

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
VJ...go stand in the corner 'til I say you can leave. Wangosho's link was in strong praise of our beloved Victorys at the expense of the bar and shield bikes. And well written to boot.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Harley bashing on a Vic forum come on that's never happened 100s of times already.

·
Registered
426 Posts
VJ

im just surprised there was no

:worthless without:

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Winter is on the way. Some people have nothing better to do.
besides, it can't be any colder than sleeping next to my wife.. the benefit is that my bike lets me ride her whenever i want, and never complains... :ltr:

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
besides, it can't be any colder than sleeping next to my wife.. the benefit is that my bike lets me ride her whenever i want, and never complains... :ltr:
...and won't get jealous if you upgrade to a newer model...

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Yep, plenty of HD bashing goes on here. It is no secret that people would like HD to just fade away but it is not going to happen. HD is far too savvy about how to build a culture around their bikes to let it happen. I ride a Victory Vision and will never return to an HD touring bike but that does not keep me from seeing reality. For many non-riding people, a large displacement V-twin bike is automatically a Harley. Even a non V-twin may be called a Harley by them. They will even mistake a Ducati for a Harley, much less something a bit more similar in appearance to an HD, like a Victory.

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Yep, plenty of HD bashing goes on here. It is no secret that people would like HD to just fade away but it is not going to happen. HD is far too savvy about how to build a culture around their bikes to let it happen. I ride a Victory Vision and will never return to an HD touring bike but that does not keep me from seeing reality. For many non-riding people, a large displacement V-twin bike is automatically a Harley. Even a non V-twin may be called a Harley by them. They will even mistake a Ducati for a Harley, much less something a bit more similar in appearance to an HD, like a Victory.
Harley is a generic household word for the unknowing ever call gelatin, gelatin? Nope, we all call it by the brand name Jello people that don't know but it looks familiar call it a Harley.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Winter is on the way. Some people have nothing better to do.
I neither own a Harley, nor a Victory, so I have no reason to gain from "bashing", if thats what you call 2 inches of back abusing travel.

Sometimes speaking freely in America comes with grave consequences,......

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
I neither own a Harley, nor a Victory, so I have no reason to gain from "bashing", if thats what you call 2 inches of back abusing travel.

Sometimes speaking freely in America comes with grave consequences,......

My God not the grave consequences. :ltr:

Anything but that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts