Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this via email. I don't know how many of these Eagle rental places there are besides the on in Las Vegas but basically you can rent an Indian for 13 days per year and pay $39 a month. I guess it's like those part time rental vacation homes which I can't remember the name of right now where you choose which days to occupy one of many places around the country and even different countries.

The first year pencils out to $507 then $468 a year after that.

I dunno... how many of you know someone who would go for something like this. Obviously we already own a bike we can ride any time. Then again it would be kinda cool to fly in to a place in Florida, maybe Cali, Vegas, etc etc, then pick up a bike, ride it for a couple/few days, return it, then go home. Call it a mini vaca for those with more money than time.

Motorcycle Club Membership - Club EagleRider | EagleRider

Edit: Just noticed this list of participating shops.

• Los Angeles Airport
  • San Francisco
  • Orlando Airport
  • Las Vegas Main Depot
  • Palm Springs
  • San Diego
  • Denver
  • Miami
  • Seattle
  • Fort Lauderdale
  • Vancouver
  • Portland
  • New Orleans
  • Chicago Airport
  • Miami South Beach
  • Salt Lake City
  • Billings
  • Atlanta - Harley
  • Grand Junction
  • Cozumel
  • Albuquerque
  • Pacific Gateway Hotel

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
A motorcycle timeshare. Interesting. When I was in Phoenix in February for work, I checked out the EagleRider there. Weekly price to rent an Ultra Classic was about $123/day. Definitely sounds cost effective.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
At One time the way I used to Travel would have jumped all over this, but getting Older and Broker and a couple of Health Issues as well, but for one that afford it is a sweet deal ..

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I came across this offer from Eagle Rider last year, they also give a hefty discount any additional days over the 13/year if needed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Works out to $29 per rental day if you join Club Eaglerider. Every month they hit your credit card card $29 which equals 1 credit. Each credit is worth 1 days rental. I'm doing a 6 day ride out of Albuquerque, NM in June and another 6 day ride out of Denver, CO in September using this program. Well worth it if you're considering at least one fly and ride over six days or so. Of course there are still assorted fees and sales tax but I'm still saving big $$ on the two trips.

Jim

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
You probably will have to add the cost of supplemental insurance to that number to get an accurate cost of the rental.
That sort of coverage is optional because they charge it to your credit card if you aren't covered and damage their bike.

I bought a front fender on Ebay from a motorcycle rental company for almost nothing off a then new Fatbob that I used on one of my bikes. It had a very very small scratch in it but other than that it was perfect and brand new. It didn't really look like it had ever been run really.
I never bothered to fix the scratch which was only through the clear coat because it was invisible unless you knew where to look for it. I am still running it the way it came, only I have put several more scratches on it since then.

I would not have changed that fender out but I can see why they would. There is no reason for them to let a renters bad luck devalue their product. That was expensive for someone or their insurance company. You would want to be fully insured for any damages no matter how small they might seem when renting a bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts