Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With winter on the way I'll have a few months to kill inside and I like to catch up on my gaming. I also like building my own PC's for it. I built this one in the fall of 2013 and I really haven't touched it since, so I figured I'd give it an upgrade for this season. The base PC wasn't bad, an Intel i5 Quad-core at 3.7ghz 8gb of RAM. I added a liquid cooling system since I plan to overclock the CPU and 8gb more RAM for a total of 16gb. The "pièce de résistance" of the the upgrade for good gaming is a WindForce cooled GTX970 graphics card....which was so big I had to basically re-engineer the system to fit everything. But, I managed to get it all together, tomorrow I'll fire it up for testing..
Geek out....bros thumb up

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice!! I'm a builder as well. Been sitting on my 2012 i7 build for a while now. If it ant broke don't fix it. Got mine over clocked to 4.0 with a corsair liquid cooling system. Got an overclocked GTX 570 graphics card and triple SSDs for compiling and rendering videos. It this right thru footage like butta. My internal USB header got fired a few months ago looking to refresh with new motherboard, chip, memory, and graphics next year.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Pretty sure this is my winter project ....

IMG_3248.JPG

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Riding will be my winter project. :devil

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice!! I'm a builder as well. Been sitting on my 2012 i7 build for a while now. If it ant broke don't fix it. Got mine over clocked to 4.0 with a corsair liquid cooling system. Got an overclocked GTX 570 graphics card and triple SSDs for compiling and rendering videos. It this right thru footage like butta. My internal USB header got fired a few months ago looking to refresh with new motherboard, chip, memory, and graphics next year.
I was considering going for some SSD's and a new CPU/mobo/RAM but I think I can squeak another year out of these. I used to be nuts and had to have the latest and greatest of everything, but I've become a lot more practical when it comes to PCs and ya know with a good graphics card gaming is just fine.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'll spend the winter getting the house ready to sell in the spring, and of course, trying to keep this goof ball alive
View attachment 153058

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Kodiak.....you should use the goof to give riding lessons for extra bike money....or to at least pay for that guy's food bill.....lol

·
Premium Member
430 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,653 Posts
Pretty sure this is my winter project ....

View attachment 153026
Nice place Mags. That would be considered a mansion out here.

Riding will be my winter project. :devil
It will be one of mine too. Part of the reason I keep two bikes on hand.

I'll spend the winter getting the house ready to sell in the spring, and of course, trying to keep this goof ball alive
View attachment 153058
He's beautiful! Is he ill or getting old. I know Dane's don't live all that long compared to some dogs. 9-11 years usually. Someone posted a Happy B-Day on FB to a dog they had who was 24 years old. I've never seen a dog get that old before.

I've got 4 rescue mutts here in the 50-60 lb range. Sometimes they play too rough and I have patch 'em up a little.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Nice place Mags. That would be considered a mansion out here.
Thanks , its one of the final 3 we like ... At 47 I'm a first time home buyer , gratifying but STRESSFULL !

·
Registered
347 Posts
I build my own PC's too..

If you are looking to upgrade one thing, an SSD is nice upgrade for an operating system drive.

·
13,185 Posts
Guys what is something we none computer knowledge people could do to our computers or laptop to make them better.
Something simple

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I used to be a system builder too, but then I stopped having time to actually do any gaming :(

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I used to be a system builder too, but then I stopped having time to actually do any gaming :(
I'm not sure you have time for anything................. :|

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I have time for work.... :| :|

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Guys what is something we none computer knowledge people could do to our computers or laptop to make them better.
Something simple
I've always heard that the best thing to upgrade your computer is to reinstall the operating system and then patch up to the latest versions of all software (OS, drivers, etc.). This can be easy or hard depending on your level of knowledge and whether or not you have a Windows OS disk or created one when the comp was brand new.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I build my own PC's too..

If you are looking to upgrade one thing, an SSD is nice upgrade for an operating system drive.
Nice build Mark....
I had kind of a stressful day, yesterday getting home in the evening and finding my box of parts delivered, then rebuilding the system was relaxing.
As for the SSD, maybe I'll grab one at Staples or Wally-World one of these days. Then I'll have to be in the mood for an OS reinstall :rolleyes:
Something simple
Usually adding system RAM(memory) is the simplest way to speed things up.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Usually adding system RAM(memory) is the simplest way to speed things up.
Indeed. One of the more cost-effective upgrades I deal with on a daily basis. Good old corporate buy-cheap-and-upgrade-later mentality. :nerd

1 - 20 of 37 Posts