Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read this morning that the TV show will introduce Victory's to the lineup next season. Something about getting tired of giving Harley free advertisment.
I say its a dam good idea and I cant wait to see how it all plays into season 5.

@sutterink: Introducing VICTORY & other great US-made bikes on SOA in S5. Tired of giving Harley free advertising. Time to give folks an HD alternative.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Looks like HD sucks?

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Should be interesting. Does anyone have a better link or know the group name it is posted on?

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Looking around I found this pic

Maybe they will have Lenny the Pimp (Sonny Barger) ride it

I am not a 1%er and my knowledge is limited to TV, websites, and seeing them at rallies. To the best of my knowledge, 1%ers don't ride anything but Harleys.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I saw a group of HA on their way to Reno for Street Vibrations and 2 in the group were on Vics....

·
Registered
693 Posts
I am not a 1%er and my knowledge is limited to TV, websites, and seeing them at rallies. To the best of my knowledge, 1%ers don't ride anything but Harleys.
The overwhelming majority of them do. However, they're only required to ride an American motorcycle. So, Excelsior-Henderson, Victory, Indian, etc. I still find it funny that the major players for mass produced motorcycles in the US (i.e. US companies) are all from the north. HD is in Wisconsin. Indian was based in Massachusets, now MN. Excelsior Henderson started in MN and then went to Chicago. And, of course, Victory here in MN as well.

·
Registered
365 Posts
if they use victorys they will probably stick those horrific batwing screens on them to make them look like harlies,if vic mackie rode a bike it would be a matt black hammer!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The H-D guys on the facebook page say that Sonny Barger only rides a Victory because Arlen gave it to him. :ltr:
If memory serve me well at all....
Somewhere i saw a video interview with Arlen and in it he said Sonny came to him and asked for a custom built Victory, and that they had been long time friends.

Now i need to try and find that link to make sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
sonny

If memory serve me well at all....
Somewhere i saw a video interview with Arlen and in it he said Sonny came to him and asked for a custom built Victory, and that they had been long time friends.

Now i need to try and find that link to make sure.
If you read sonny's book you will find out he does not like the motor company at all.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's just about money$$$ if HD isn't paying for a little free ad time why not see if Victory would like seeing there bikes in a TV show.. Maybe Triumph wants a little of that hmmm ..

Always time to go ride now where is my SOA Tshirt wac

1 - 20 of 70 Posts