Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
99 V92TC is done...

Well last Saturday I started my conversion of my 99 V92C to a 99 V92TC. Went pretty well for the most par. Disassembled the bike welded a bolt onto the left side frame to support the exhaust bracket. Bolted all of the brackets on and battery box and such. Mounted the swing arm and ran into my first problem. I did not get a different shock, the one I have is way to short. Oh well one is on order now. Used it temporarily. Now started installing the exhaust, wow, how do you get the rear elbow to work with the rest of the head pipe? I was so tired I gave up. Installed the fender and mufflers and bags. Plan to finish it up this weekend. Below are some pics.

The begening.

Part of the way there.

All tore up

Getting there

Low Rider. (need different shock)

Bags need some paint now.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Dam man thats a cool project, I think it looks great.thumb up

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have lots more to go. I hope it all goes well. Now if I can just figure out this exhaust elbow.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I cant quite see from the last pic but are you still having probs with the rear jug exhaust tube? If your still struggling with it, I can look up in my manual when I get home but I believe you remove crossover/mufflers, loosen front of exhaust and you should be albe to mate it up by swinging your exhaust out away from the bike. Once its is in, you should be in a position to get it onto the jug and bolt up the flange. I just about had mine off while replacing my front pully but was able to access everything while it was loosend.

Sidebar question. Did you retorque your front drive pulley nut while you got everything disassembled?? Every 10K on your bike and it can jump up and bite ya if you over look it. Ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure while you got it down for mod. Hope this helps...

Looks good!!!

Tim

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cant quite see from the last pic but are you still having probs with the rear jug exhaust tube? If your still struggling with it, I can look up in my manual when I get home but I believe you remove crossover/mufflers, loosen front of exhaust and you should be albe to mate it up by swinging your exhaust out away from the bike. Once its is in, you should be in a position to get it onto the jug and bolt up the flange. I just about had mine off while replacing my front pully but was able to access everything while it was loosend.

Sidebar question. Did you retorque your front drive pulley nut while you got everything disassembled?? Every 10K on your bike and it can jump up and bite ya if you over look it. Ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure while you got it down for mod. Hope this helps...

Looks good!!!

Tim
Any help would be great.

I am still having trouble for sure with that piece. I know it has to be something simple I am missing for sure. If you can look it up or even email me a picture of it that would be great. No I did not re-torque it yet, because I am not sure of the torque on it. I don’t have the chrome piece tight either. All of it is lose put together to take pictures and to have a place to store it. LOL. Plan to start back on it this weekend. Should have new shock in on Thursday. I really appreciate any help you can give me. I also am hoping to get the correct wires on the battery. Had them taped together but came lose somehow. From the lengths I am 90% sure which ones go where too. I know the obvious ones for sure, but the little ones scare me a little. I have been trying to find service manuals for the 99 and a 2002, cause that is what all of the TC parts are from.

Travis

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Well reading my manual, remove everything up to crossover, loosen remaining clamps, loosen front and remove front flange bolts then rear removing front to back. Believe it or not, thats all it says.

Torque values for your drive pulley nut should be in the owners manual which I think you can download from vic web.

Mine are Drive pulley 125 foot pounds, 2 retaining screws on nut are 85 foot pounds. Took a 1 7/8 socket and use red loctite.

Electrical, don't have anything for you on that one bro... Keep us posted...

Tim

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well reading my manual, remove everything up to crossover, loosen remaining clamps, loosen front and remove front flange bolts then rear removing front to back. Believe it or not, thats all it says.

Torque values for your drive pulley nut should be in the owners manual which I think you can download from vic web.

Mine are Drive pulley 125 foot pounds, 2 retaining screws on nut are 85 foot pounds. Took a 1 7/8 socket and use red loctite.

Electrical, don't have anything for you on that one bro... Keep us posted...

Tim
Did you say flange bolts? Does your engine have bolts that hold on the exhaust or does it have studs from heads with bolts? I have studs and nuts.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sweet project man..did you put your apes on yourself? I'm wanting to put a set on my 92sc where did you get your cables wiring harness etc.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet project man..did you put your apes on yourself? I'm wanting to put a set on my 92sc where did you get your cables wiring harness etc.
Yep I sure did put them on. I have neck and back problems and the bike came with T-bars on it. I extended the wires my self and pulled them through the bars. It was a very interesting process to get them through. There is a lot of wires to these switches. It was the first best thing I have ever done, 2nd will be when I get done bagging it out. I have Barnett cables on it. I have dealt with a guy from New Mexico for years on my VStar so I asked him if he could get them for me. His name is Tim Bondurant aka Metric Magic. I ordered them early this year so he may still know the part numbers of them. His contact information is on his website: http://www.metric-magic.com/. these are 1.25" 16" Apes for a Harley. I used a Harley clamp as well. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got my new to me 05 TC rear shock in yesterday. I hope to put it on tonight or tomorrow. I hope I can install the exhaust with help from Tim. Will post how it goes. Any tips on getting the shock off easy?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the shock and the exhaust on last night with help from a freind. Those stock pipes are quite as hell. Time to get the drill out. LOL! Will post some pictures and maybe even a video of the sound.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
All right did some fine tuning and made sure everything was tight over the weekend. I even gave it a quick test ride. I think I have a few more little tweaks to go. I was going to drill a 1 1/8 hole in the plate in the muffler but my extension does not fit the bit. Will look for a new one today. I did drill the 6 holes in to the exit plate of the muffler. It did make a little different for sure. I hope the 1 1/8 hole helps even more.

Here is 2 videos of the muffler.

Stock no mods.
http://youtu.be/N5GudkscXeg

With holes drilled in the exit plate of muffler
http://youtu.be/rrqvRuFNajk

With holes drilled in the exit plate of muffler and diverter plate drilled out.
http://youtu.be/89g98lM7oFs

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Comin along nicely bro!!! I think once you get that plug cored out you will be much happier with the sound. I have never heard the stock pipes before... Significantly quieter... D&D's are always and option on down the road too.

Anyway, I think your on your way to a good lookin hybrid TC!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Comin along nicely bro!!! I think once you get that plug cored out you will be much happier with the sound. I have never heard the stock pipes before... Significantly quieter... D&D's are always and option on down the road too.

Anyway, I think your on your way to a good lookin hybrid TC!!
I would love to have a set of the D&D's, but money does not allow for that. was hoping to get another set of the stock mufflers to modify, but cost was to high. I was going to take a plasma cutter and cut the end off and take the guts out and fit a glass pack muffler up inside. Oh well will just have to save up for the D&D's. Thanks for the complement. Should be getting the bags painted before the end of the month.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would love to have a set of the D&D's, but money does not allow for that. was hoping to get another set of the stock mufflers to modify, but cost was to high. I was going to take a plasma cutter and cut the end off and take the guts out and fit a glass pack muffler up inside. Oh well will just have to save up for the D&D's. Thanks for the complement. Should be getting the bags painted before the end of the month.
You need to insert a piece of steel rod up the exhaust and knock out the deflector plates in addition to those six holes you drilled. You will also need to get a stage 1 map too.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You need to insert a piece of steel rod up the exhaust and knock out the deflector plates in addition to those six holes you drilled. You will also need to get a stage 1 map too.
Plan to drill out the plate this week or weekend. I have a power commander installed so I can adjust it that way. I am running rich right now because I have it set fo a set of Samson's slashers...

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can anyone help me find some Blue paint? I am having trouble locating it. It is supposed to KYSO Blue, but I cant seem to late anything but a touch up can on eBay. Pleas help.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ah... the old "knock your socks off" blue problems. Your only bet is to take it down to a good auto parts store... or order it from your Vic dealer.... of course someone else might have a code for you already.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ah... the old "knock your socks off" blue problems. Your only bet is to take it down to a good auto parts store... or order it from your Vic dealer.... of course someone else might have a code for you already.
KYSO Blue Paint Code is P-264

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep, love the color, but hard to match. Has a silver base, a blue candy or a clear tinted called Rigel blue, and than the clear coat. I have a friend who said he will pint the whole bike and saddlebags so it all matches.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts