Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally found my bike! It is a 2009 Cory Ness Vegas Jackpot. The offer has been accepted and I am ready to take delivery. The only problem is, the bike is a 1000 miles way. I've considered going to get it and trailering it back, but I think I've decided on shipping instead. I'm wondering if any anyone has any advice on this? Or recommendations on specific shippers? There seems to be quote a few of them with widely varying prices. Thanks and I look forward to contributing more in the near future! cheers

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
If the weather permits, just ride it.
Is there a better way to get "intimate"with your new found love?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Considered that but I'm not sure I'm ready for that long of a ride yet. I'm coming from a history of off road bikes only. It could still happen but I'm definitely leaning towards shipping.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
EJ, you have to do it.....Dave and I finally agreecheers

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congratulations! I found my '06 Cory Ness JP in Tucson, AZ and was in the same dilemma figuring out who to go with for shipping as it was November and riding wasn't an option in the 20degree Chicago weather. I was paranoid on who to trust and received quotes from lots of shippers. I ended up going with a company from a website called uship I believe. I input the shipping info and motorcycle shippers essentially bid on hauling the bike based on their planned routes. The company I ultimately went with was a husband/wife team that live a couple hours south of me and only deal with motorcycles. Their typical route is Chicago to Cali and in between. They had a route planned and gave me a great price. They do all the shipping for Jesse James' bikes so that made me feel more comfortable. You essentially pay via cc thru uship and they give you a code that you then give to the shipper only after you take delivery and you're happy, then they get paid via that code.
My advice is to do as much research on shippers as possible, some require all fluids to be empty on the bike (gas, oil), others don't etc. I had a large box of parts coming with the bike as well and most companies didn't allow that too.

Joel

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts