Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are the pipes on my XCT sooty, but the plugs are not? Weird.

·
Super Moderator
5,008 Posts
Under wide open throttle and when accelerating our bikes run excessively rich, cruising they run lean. You can't read plugs anymore because with engine load and throttle position, even the smallest change will put you into a different area of the OEM map. I've watched it on a wideband O2 sensor air/fuel gauge I had mounted on my bike. Acceleration, WOT soots (sp) up the back of the bike and cruise doesn't making your plugs look good.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Every Victory I have hade runs rich. I have had soot marks on the Cantina garage door for years. The 03 Vegas was the worst.

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
Ride it harder!😈

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
Ride it harder!😈
Only joking....gasoline used to contain lead, when it did and an engine was in tune, then youd get a nice grey pipe!
No more lead, no grey pipe.
Ride hard anyway

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Put 80,000 Trouble Free Miles on my 2012 Victory XC Full Stage II.. Plugs and End of Exhaust Pipe always Black but never was a problem unless wanted to think it was ..
Evidently you had a or some very competent mechanics that did the work on your scooter.

·
13,090 Posts
BenD
if you come back here go buy aftermarket spark plug wires and OEM plugs. It will help your bike run smoother

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BenD
if you come back here go buy aftermarket spark plug wires and OEM plugs. It will help your bike run smoother
Thanks, but my bike runs just fine. I replaced the plugs and wires a year ago. LMYR

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
2 People touched my 2012 in the 4 1/2 Years Owned it .. KevinX or myself .. Still Looked and Ran Great when let it go ..

View attachment 250972
Love the dark red pinstripe, low key, and very effective!
I may follow suit.
Nice bike and yes Kevinx is the man!
Helped me greatly with both my Vics
USA-Aust. via phone calls and emails.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts