Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I find that after more than 2+ hours in the saddle I get a really really sore arse…..so I am looking for a nice soft aftermarket seat (but here’s the catch) that I can keep my seat cowl on.
I know there are products out there but only want something that someone can highly recommend. Thanks guys.

·
13,002 Posts
some times its not the seat but the poshion we are in.
On some of my old bikes it didn't matter what seat I had. To me I think a firmer seat is the best

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
some times its not the seat but the poshion we are in.

On some of my old bikes it didn't matter what seat I had. To me I think a firmer seat is the best

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Yea Kris , you may want to look into bars or even peg position to cure your problem , to retain the seat cowl you will most likely be looking at reworking your original seat . I have been running my Flamed Bandit seat recently with comforting results , and it still looks Kool too !

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thanks guys- good suggestions. Im glad no one recommended Burger King.
Maybe I can get my seat restuffed- will look into it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
For me, sweat plays a part in my derriere comfort. There are three things I found that helps.

1. Anti-Monkey Butt powder keeps you dry http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/. It available at different stores which are listed on their homepage

2. Bicyclist pants. Holds things in place and gives a bit of extra cushioning as well.

3. Bead Rider seat. Lets air between the motorcycle's seat and yours http://www.beadrider.com/.

Pro Pad also has a seat cushion that looks like it might be more comfortable but I've never used it so I can't give either a positive or negative recommendation http://www.thepropad.com/air-series-seat-pads/

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For me, sweat plays a part in my derriere comfort. There are three things I found that helps.

1. Anti-Monkey Butt powder keeps you dry http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/. It available at different stores which are listed on their homepage

2. Bicyclist pants. Holds things in place and gives a bit of extra cushioning as well.

3. Bead Rider seat. Lets air between the motorcycle's seat and yours http://www.beadrider.com/.

Pro Pad also has a seat cushion that looks like it might be more comfortable but I've never used it so I can't give either a positive or negative recommendation http://www.thepropad.com/air-series-seat-pads/
Im just after better padding man......thanks tho.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
+1 on going to a shop that customizes seats. That way you get it tailored to your butt and get the firmness or softness you want. I hope you don't have your wallet in your hip pocket and you're sitting on it. Lots of guys do and its a bad thing in a number of ways.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
My arse would be sore too if I got to ride 12 months out of the year ....cheers

·
Registered
352 Posts
I , like most Hammer owners , wanted to keep the look of the stock seat....but needed a solution for a more comfy ride.

I would slide around too much on the stock seat, and would find myself always shifting / pulling myself towards the gas tank.

I have the touring seat....and like how it cradled my butt , and kept me much firmer in the seat pocket.
But I hated how it made the bike look.

So after some research , decided to have the stock seat reshaped.
I found meancitycycles.com ...and after emailing / talking with them, decided to send my stock seat to them to have it reshaped.
I wanted them to make the stock seat feel as close to the touring seat as possible......deeper in the seat pocket, with a firmer backing so I wouldn't slide back as much . They explained to me that with this seat....they do not have much to work with....but could definitely get me closer to what I wanted. Very decent people to deal with , and the turnaround was reasonable if you preset a date with them. Total price for me was under $150 , with shipping both ways.
Check out their site ...they have many different options / combinations of what can be done to most any seat. I went with a simple reshape / memory foam added.

The result .
Improved over stock.
The cowl portion untouched.
You would probably not know there was any work done to the seat at first glance ....by just looking at it , unless you had a stocker right next to it...then you would see a definite deeper cut in the seat.
Of course ...how it feels / works for me is the real benefit.
I haven't changed back to the touring seat since .....

I can ride comfortably , without stopping or soreness for the full 120 miles a full tank of gas gets me until the gas light comes on !!

Peter

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I , like most Hammer owners , wanted to keep the look of the stock seat....but needed a solution for a more comfy ride.

I would slide around too much on the stock seat, and would find myself always shifting / pulling myself towards the gas tank.

I have the touring seat....and like how it cradled my butt , and kept me much firmer in the seat pocket.
But I hated how it made the bike look.

So after some research , decided to have the stock seat reshaped.
I found meancitycycles.com ...and after emailing / talking with them, decided to send my stock seat to them to have it reshaped.
I wanted them to make the stock seat feel as close to the touring seat as possible......deeper in the seat pocket, with a firmer backing so I wouldn't slide back as much . They explained to me that with this seat....they do not have much to work with....but could definitely get me closer to what I wanted. Very decent people to deal with , and the turnaround was reasonable if you preset a date with them. Total price for me was under $150 , with shipping both ways.
Check out their site ...they have many different options / combinations of what can be done to most any seat. I went with a simple reshape / memory foam added.

The result .
Improved over stock.
The cowl portion untouched.
You would probably not know there was any work done to the seat at first glance ....by just looking at it , unless you had a stocker right next to it...then you would see a definite deeper cut in the seat.
Of course ...how it feels / works for me is the real benefit.
I haven't changed back to the touring seat since .....

I can ride comfortably , without stopping or soreness for the full 120 miles a full tank of gas gets me until the gas light comes on !!

Peter
That is exactly what Im after- thanks for your idea Peter.
Ive found a local guy who evidently is pretty good, but if it doesnt work out I will contact your guys. Shipping a seat from and to Sydney would almost pay for a holiday, so Im screwed in that sense.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool thanks Andy- great to know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
+1 on Meancityclyles, I plan on sending my seat in to get the Gel & memory foam padding done next week. PJrom Can you post a pic of the seat?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts