Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say Thank You to everyone on the forum. Everyone has been so nice and helpful. My wife can't stand the Vegas and I completely understand. Its an amazing bike for me but not for us. Stopped by the Victory dealership and looked around but not much help or enthusiasm from anyone there. Went to the HD dealership and they rolled the red carpet out for us. Sat on a bike and next thing I know they are rolling it off of the showroom floor and Im running it down the interstate. I road three bikes Saturday. I decided on the Road Glide. 0% financing for 5 years also was a huge bonus and the wife was really excited another huge bonus! I just listed the 8Ball on Craigslist.

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
It's all good if your happy mate .... Ride safe

Reactions: johneswank

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding ;) The RG is one of HD's best looking and riding scoots. I hope you two enjoy many miles on it.

Reactions: SubDude

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I'm glad you found a bike you love , what bothers me is hearing about more lack luster service at a Victory dealership ....

Reactions: necoachbw

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I used to own a Yamaha Royal Star Venture and so I am still a member on a Venture forum. I am friends with many of the members there. In the past 3 years I've seen several of them "jump ship" to a Harley product. Also seen a few switching to a Victory.

What a person rides is irrelevant ... the fact that you ride is and that you enjoy your ride.

As for me, if I had the bucks I'd probably be riding an HD also simply because I've always wanted one ... that said, I was at the Vic shop yesterday (who now is also an Indian dealer) and almost had an orgasm over the new black Roadmaster!! OMG that is gorgeous.

Reactions: SubDude

·
Registered
599 Posts
Congratulations!

It's great you found a bike that both you and your wife are excited about. Many safe and happy miles.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Keep the rubber side down and good luck. Don't think it matters what you ride or even if you ride as long as what you are doing works for you.
Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Enjoy the new bike.

·
13,262 Posts
had a 99 road glide sold it with 140k on it. Only problem clutch cable broke at 80K. Bought a 05 RG and sold it with 70K on it had a 09 RG loved it till it was stolen. RG following in the last 3 years has been insane the way it's grown. I think you'll find it to be a great ride especially now it has that air vent and you'll love the radio. Just remember close the vent when it rains.
Happy Trails to You and the Wife

Reactions: broggyr

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
A happy wife is...a happy wife.
Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
I have owned 3 Harleys. you wife might like the numbing vibrations but after awhile you hands are not going to like it. Resell is better than a Victory. Camaraderie on rides is better cause there is more clubs. Some things are better but the cost is a lot more to own and maintain. Power up grades is a killer for cost. Buying a Harley you just dropped 25% horse power.. Well good luck.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Hey man, glad you had a great experience. It's all about what you enjoy. Many miles to you.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sorry to hear you went to Harley.Be sure to get the extended warranty you will need it.
I personally hate the NEW HDs and everything they stand for.I do own 2 HDs a 1972 FLH and a 2007 FXDB (only reason I have this one is I got it CHEAP and the little lady likes to ride it).
I can see how you didnt like the sales at the Victory dealer.This is more of a problem than anyone thinks.We do have one GOOD Vic dealer in my area.
Big 4 in Evansville IN

·
13,262 Posts
I have owned 3 Harleys. you wife might like the numbing vibrations but after awhile you hands are not going to like it. Resell is better than a Victory. Camaraderie on rides is better cause there is more clubs. Some things are better but the cost is a lot more to own and maintain. Power up grades is a killer for cost. Buying a Harley you just dropped 25% horse power.. Well good luck.
I have to ask what year Harleys did you have. If it was older than 2005 I think you're wrong.
What's to maintenance. You can do your own oil changes and primary fluid just like a vic

·
Registered
199 Posts
From your thread title, I thought you were apologizing for going to a rear car tire. So what paint scheme did you get ? Harley has kicked up their color options hard and heavy over the past few years. I am a huge fan of the flake paint jobs and the Whiskey Amber paint option.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm glad you found a bike you love , what bothers me is hearing about more lack luster service at a Victory dealership ....

Dealer close to me dropped Victory all together. Said they couldn't complete with Harley. They're also one of the biggest Polaris dealers in the South. I asked if they were going to bring in Indian, nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Cant compete??? Theres no competition....well good spares backup would be nice.

Reactions: broggyr
1 - 20 of 70 Posts