1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
788 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bullish I,m liking it trying to get my Vic ready for the next several months riding. I left Ma. Just about a month ago had enough of that weather. Got a few small rides planned Got friends that recently moved to Like oak . Got to get a shield before I head there. About 3 maybec4 hours at highway speeds

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
No good riding? Depends on where you are in the state. North of Tampa there are definitely nicer back roads then down where I am in the center part of the state.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yea we dont have nice mountains and such. But there is some nice rides around. Plus side is you can probably ride 300+ days a year or more if you aint afraid of rain.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rode to and from work 50 miles round trip almost every day for years only on one occasion did it get so bad I had to seek shelter at a gas station for 2 hours because the road was under water . Car where going in the ditches along the road. Iriden in a long of rain. It,s most dangerous when the rainy season just starts and the oils make the roads extremely slippery . Sounds like You know how that is.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I rode to and from work 50 miles round trip almost every day for years only on one occasion did it get so bad I had to seek shelter at a gas station for 2 hours because the road was under water . Car where going in the ditches along the road. Iriden in a long of rain. It,s most dangerous when the rainy season just starts and the oils make the roads extremely slippery . Sounds like You know how that is.
LOL Yea I still follow the old Boy Scout Moto. Be prepared. Rain gear rides year around. When I was stationed in Oklahoma it was same thing. I had a few times out there and Texas had to just pull off in an underpass and wait it out. When frogs go by ya with life jackets its bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts