Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Procrastination seems to be one of my strongest attributes. Joined this forum a long while back and just getting around to the introduction. Currently riding a 2011 cross country and man it is a sweet bike. Traded an 07 Jackpot premium, another sweet ride, so the wife could ride with me and more importantly the tunes. Never thought tunes would make the ride more enjoyable. Don't know how I rode all those year without now!!

Have owned a many bikes over the years, Honda, Yamaha, HD, BSA, and Big Dog, but none have given me the enjoyment that this CC has. The only complaint is the flippin price and availability of accessories. Think I will have paid for the bike twice by the time I finish with it and I have just barely gotten started.

Will try and post a pic sooner or later, but here is a list of my additions to the bike.

Cee Bailey Dragon Windshield
Avon spiked Grips and toe pegs
Trunk
Chromed wheels (factory)
Chromed trunk mounts
Victory Only chrome diamond cheese wedge replacements
Tons of bolt covers
Arizona Victory bag bars
Ness Big Honkers
Victory Lowers
Chrome master cylinder cover
Chrome brake reservoir cap
Chrome shift linkage
Front fender trim
Chrome rotor bolts
Kewlmetal pop up gas cap
Victory highway pegs
I pod connector
Saddle bag organizers
Chrome covers for the forged crash bar
Chrome Victory motorcycle tank script
Shorty antenna

Almost sorry I made the list. I try not to think about the dollars I pour into it - but a guy has to have a hobby right,

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
cheerscheers Welcome to the forum from th Piney Woods of East Texas.....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Think I will have paid for the bike twice by the time I finish with it and I have just barely gotten started.
Some say that the purchase price of your bike is only the down payment ;) .

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will agree with that. Just added XM radio last week and now planning on amp and speaker upgrade. Sent forged bar cover out for paint matching so I can paint the inner fairing and the front chin pieces.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree that these are some pretty awesome bikes. I feel like the CR I recently purchased is the bike I've always wanted.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome from Utah sort of new Reams! The accesories are pricey but getting better as more manufactures are starting to build parts. The design guy from Stokers joined a while ago and said that he is working on a line of parts. Hopefully he'll start posting them soon.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read that too. Seems like I remember they were looking for a January launch date. Guess they blew that one. Hope they don't come out with something that looks better that what I have already bought.

·
Registered
17 Posts
thumb up I hear u reams!! I'm generally quit, but when I want to post I can't. Trying to rack up my post!

How does your xm work? Good? I'm debating on that or new iPod that doesn't shut off while riding. Then I need to buy songs! So if I install xm activate during new England riding season it's still more money but...you can't take it with you when your time is up!! Help the economy....spend it!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The XM is great! I got tired of the same songs on IPOD and was really tired of blowing 20+ bucks each month to keep new music. I have XM in my truck so adding another radio was only about 9 bucks a month. Initial cost is steep, but hell I figure that in three years it will just about paid for itself. Love the classic rewind channel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts