Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is running this amp? I have been reading that some people lose FM reception after installing this amp. I like it over the RF PBR300x4 because of the heat the RF produces. I don't need any more heat on my XCT.

So have others had good luck keeping FM reception after installing a soundstream nano?

·
Registered
23 Posts
My buddy has one in his SG and it completely killed his FM reception. Other than that it seems to work well and has outlasted a couple of sets of speakers. Sounds great though.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I ran one in my Road King. It did cause a little interference but not bad. Especially when I **** canned the worthless hidden antenna and just soldered a 3 foot piece of wire on for an antenna.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ran one in my Road King. It did cause a little interference but not bad. Especially when I **** canned the worthless hidden antenna and just soldered a 3 foot piece of wire on for an antenna.
Ya, I was thinking the same thing. I have the hidden antenna in the fairing now and am thinking about hooking something up in the back again. Maybe a shorty antenna or may even try bending the long stock antenna. I saw a picture on a forum of a guy who did that. Hid it behind the saddle bag and under the seat a bit basically.

I just want a cool running amp, that sounds good, doesn't kill FM reception, that I don't have to spend a ton of money on. Is that so much to ask????

·
Registered
45 Posts
The RF t400x4ad seems to not interfere with FM on mine. A bit more $ than the PBR but has fans to keep it cool

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I run the nano amp and had no problems at all . I rode to sturgis this summer and had no problems even with the Texas heat.​

·
Registered
10 Posts
I will be running the picasso nano amp very soon, I will probably order it this week. I've never used the FM radio so that wouldn't bother me but once I hook it up I will see if it works and report back if you are still interested. I have a friend who is running the Nano on his SG but he has never said anything about the radio having problems.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be running the picasso nano amp very soon, I will probably order it this week. I've never used the FM radio so that wouldn't bother me but once I hook it up I will see if it works and report back if you are still interested. I have a friend who is running the Nano on his SG but he has never said anything about the radio having problems.
Thanks, I would appreciate hearing how it affects your FM. I do plenty of streaming as well but do listen to a couple FM stations. It is so strange that some people lose reception and some don't. Must have to do with the installation and proximity to the radio and/or antenna. I know I would be happy with the performance of the amp. I just don't want to lose FM in the process.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's a hit and miss game with the FM and the Picasso. I would go for the big 4.1000D it has frequency settings. It's a tad bigger then the 4.520D but packs a nice punch especially if your running the Arc's, Focal, JL or Hertz which likes the power. You can also try insulation tape on the power to isolate the EMF. I don't listen to FM so I don't really care. Been running the SS amp for years now with no problems with overheating.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Ok, so it's not the nano, but here's a great amp -highly configurable, and won't break the bank. I'm running bridged 140watts x 2 @ 4ohms

No FM interference

Height (H) 1.77 in / 45 mm
Width (W) 8.66 in / 220 mm
Depth (D) 3.09 in / 78.5 mm
Net Weight 3.18 lb / 1.44 kg

You can save 20% off for your first order at: [http://www.pacificstereo.com/shop/brand/jl-audio/car-audio/car-amplifiers/4-channel-amplifiers/jl-audio-hx280-4.html[/url]

$184.00 w/free shipping after savings

1 - 10 of 10 Posts