Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a great time meeting everybody I came in contact with at the Rally. Everybody seemed to have a great attitudes and the riding was phenomenal on Blood Mountain! Tim and Rusty had some beautiful bikes from Coastal Victory and congrats to Jan Gibe for winning the best in show with his Custom V92 with the Nitrous bottle.

Thanks to Jack with Jack's customs for hooking the wife and I up with a cold one when we arrived as we did not know what to expect on arrival.

If anybody rode the Blood Mountain loop go check out squidfoto.com they probably have a good picture of you riding the twisties!

I hope to do it all again next year. Ride safe!

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
It was fun. I enjoyed Saturday's poker run. Lots of twisties.
Met Kevinx and Wil from Cyclops, and a guy, Hatch I think, running the same CT as me.I'll do it again next year but arrive on Thursday morning.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Had a great time too, didn't get a chance to meet too many people since we stayed up the road and did a lot of riding always getting back late.

Downloaded the scenic route plan for GPS for Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway, done it before, but I think someone had a poor sense of humor, or my Garmin is way off (never recalculated either)! Had me turn for a way point on a road, and 1/4 mile in turned into one hairy ride on gravel, loose rock, washboard, washed out single lane hilly road for about 6 miles (GPS said little over 1, then we figured out the waypoint was not at an intersection) with no feasible way to turn around! Only thing that came by was a dirt bike and either he thought we were crazy MFs or the most confident adventurous riders in the world. Bought one of those electronic massager's right after that and a lot of drinks!

Answered my question real quick on whether the skid plate was a waste of money too with all the rocks we were hitting, even my kick stand got knocked loose. My friend was on a rented Ultra Classic, so he didn't give a crap if it went down.

Now it's just another great adventure we survived!cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome video Joe. Looks like you dragged the floor boards in the exact same turn as me! LOL. Good times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts