Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 quick questions regarding the mono shock adjustment - can someone who owns a spanner wrench please trace it and scan the paper and email it to me so my neighbor can water jet me one? Next question, when adjusting the preload does the bike need to be jacked up to get any tension off of the shock?

Next, can someone please tell me or show me what the factory dog bones look like for an 07 jackpot? I'm trying to find out if my bike is lowered ( I think it is)... The dogbones on it are silver and have a few cutouts....in a box of parts I got when I bought the bike is 2 other black dog ones with no cutouts and they are an inch or so smaller than the silver ones on the bike now....

Thanks for all the help everyone.

mcbride

·
Registered
526 Posts
Why dont you just buy one? I think they are pretty cheap. Any mc dealer should have them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Why dont you just buy one? I think they are pretty cheap. Any mc dealer should have them.
I just went through this a couple weeks ago. The only ones that will really work and get the job done is the one from Polaris($60) or from barracuda($30). Generic or universal tools have too long of a hook to work well. Kinda cramped in there.

If mine fits in my scanner I'll get it uploaded for you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well because my neighbor has a water jet machine at work and offered to make me one because he has a vegas and could use it on his bike as well...i know I could pay $30 for a barracuda, but I could also pay zero and let him make it during his lunch break...

kingslyzissou - any chance you could trace it on a piece of paper and scan and email it to me, noting the thickness of the metal as well.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Oddly enough, the longer the dog-bones the lower the rear suspension sits.
The stockers on my Kingpin and the lowered 'bones were both silver colored.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi,

Do u need the tool if the shock is out of the bike ?

Cheers
AL

·
Registered
254 Posts
kingslyzissou - any chance you could trace it on a piece of paper and scan and email it to me, noting the thickness of the metal as well.
Oh, you mean like you originally asked? Haha...yep. I'm good with direction, really.
I thought a scan might be better. I'll draw it out when I get home tonight and shoot it to you, including thickness.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi,

Do u need the tool if the shock is out of the bike ?

Cheers
AL

Couldn't say. I would imagine so. It would actually be easier to adjust while it's mounted so the stock can stay stable while you turn the collars, unless you put it in a vise. Just need something to hold the shock. I don't think you would need Victory's, or Bulldog's. If it's out, I think a universal from any shop would do.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, you mean like you originally asked? Haha...yep. I'm good with direction, really.
I thought a scan might be better. I'll draw it out when I get home tonight and shoot it to you, including thickness.
thanks so much...you could email me the scanned picture too if you want, that might work as long as I can tell what the 100% aspect ratio is so I dont make it too small or too big because of the image being adjusted

·
Registered
254 Posts
thanks so much...you could email me the scanned picture too if you want, that might work as long as I can tell what the 100% aspect ratio is so I dont make it too small or too big because of the image being adjusted
Understood. That's why I included the ruler in the first scan. That and the one I do tonight should get the job done. thumb up

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
i thought this was going to solve it, but I think I spoke to soon...for some reason the aspect ratio doesnt seem to measure up right...perhaps its because it's been scanned or perhaps its because its been uploaded online...either way, when I print both of the pics you uploaded both of the tool print at the same size, but the measurements of the ruler in the 1st pic dont match up with a regular ruler if I put it side by side...when I'm printing them it says 100% and not to adjust picture so who knows...perhaps if you emailed the original scanned pics to me instead of uploading...

[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts