1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Don't use Pulstars.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Even if they physically fit the bike. I would not use them. A set of plugs even at my no discount ever dealer. New NGK plugs were only about 13.00 bucks. To me That's not worth messing around with the wrong plugs.

·
13,251 Posts
there is a thousand plugs that will fit BUT
some could be to cold and others could be to hot.
Look on the net if you don't understand hot and cold plugs
stay with whats stock you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Not sure what stock plugs are on your model. All the big 4 tuners, and motor heads here, say pretty much the same thing. BONE stock plugs. I just bought from a Vic dealer because it was handy a set. $10.95 out the door. Cheap enough, and seem to be something that even the most HP sqeezin Vic junkie can agree on.
A rare case that that many actually agree. :ltr:

cheers

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Ditto...use the recommended plugs.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there is a thousand plugs that will fit BUT

some could be to cold and others could be to hot.

Look on the net if you don't understand hot and cold plugs

stay with whats stock you can't go wrong.

Yep! That is the reason I asked here. I've known some to try hot or cooler and would never risk unless someone here has same motor/upgrade and have tried this plug in question. I'd rather spend $20 than break my toy.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
There are some very good reasons why spark plugs of different manufacturer, resistance, length and especially heat range are used. If you don't know what those reasons are, don't use them.thumb up

·
Registered
180 Posts
I bought the right plugs for my Kingpin from my local NAPA for less than three bucks apiece. Don't risk damaging your engine with the wrong plugs

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
And some plugs will be too long .... You could only imagine ..... And some to short,

I changed my plugs with stock number from WD site, now i ordered another set just for stock ....

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Each piston bangs each time it gets a spark. It ain't broke and needs no fixing.

These plugs in question look exactly like the ones I'm running now but we all know that looks can be deceiving.

I once put a part somewhere it didn't belong and it cost me tremendously! You don't simply try something to see if it works if it could possibly cause great harm. Now, back to spark plugs.

I also do not believe a great plug can perform miracles as in greater hosses or better gas mileage.

If you got a big mess in the plug area, clean it up, stick it in, I'm sure you'll see some improvement, but it just produces the silly spark man! thumb up

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Each piston bangs each time it gets a spark. It ain't broke and needs no fixing.

These plugs in question look exactly like the ones I'm running now but we all know that looks can be deceiving.

I once put a part somewhere it didn't belong and it cost me tremendously! You don't simply try something to see if it works if it could possibly cause great harm. Now, back to spark plugs.

I also do not believe a great plug can perform miracles as in greater hosses or better gas mileage.

If you got a big mess in the plug area, clean it up, stick it in, I'm sure you'll see some improvement, but it just produces the silly spark man! thumb up

You havent crossed the road have you Dill?
All that cryptic talk of wrong holes and mess in the plug area?
Not jumped the fence? Batting for the other team?
Not putting your parts where they don't belong are you?
Give us ruff tuff bikers a bad name:cool:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You havent crossed the road have you Dill?

All that cryptic talk of wrong holes and mess in the plug area?

Not jumped the fence? Batting for the other team?

Not putting your parts where they don't belong are you?

Give us ruff tuff bikers a bad name:cool:

Lol! Just messing with u guys. I've always batted for the right team but horribly struck out once.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts