Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a trick to taking off the plug wire boots from the spark plug? Mine seem like they are welded to the plug. I don't want to damage the wire boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Long needle nose pliers, twist back and forth before pulling

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I put a folded rag or towel in close to the plug and with a good sized screwdriver I put it tightly against the boot and pry them up . Only way to do it properly with out ruining the plug wire . If you attempt pulling up , you will leave the wire end attached to the plug 9 times out of 10 . Hope this helps .

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent! Thanks. Ordered a pair of 45% long needle nose pliers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
427 Posts
Same problem when I changed my plugs at 30K. Wound up pulling the wire outta the boot on the back cylinder....Changed the plugs and stuffed the wire back in the boot and it ran OK. I then went to WD and ordered a set of Accel wires. They look much better than stock, although no difference in performance:ride::ride:

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I put a folded rag or towel in close to the plug and with a good sized screwdriver I put it tightly against the boot and pry them up . Only way to do it properly with out ruining the plug wire . If you attempt pulling up , you will leave the wire end attached to the plug 9 times out of 10 . Hope this helps .
Yeah that's how I do it too, except I've got an offcut of car heater hose I place under the screwdriver when levering upwards.
Not a drama.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts