Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
13,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have been trying to find a new place to get wires. Cause guys have complained about radio interference.
Victory use a special wire end that goes into coil. So there hard to find.
Victory wants $62 per wire. I bet they buy 30 thousand wires a year. Guessing they're coast is a $1.00 a peace. So there is big mark up.
Witchdoctor sells colored wires from $39 to $52 bucks with the correct ends.
I contacted Sumax and they are willing to make them. Not for sure yet.
The guy wanted photos of the end that goes into the coil. So I pulled my wire out of coil to find one we have a odd ball end. It all so was kind of corroded .
So pull your wires and put some dielectric grease on each end.
I looked on Victorys web page and they list the same part number for "all" models. Never seen that before

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
What is "carotid" ???
A corroded carrot maybe ?

When my bike was new i pulled the vic wires and kind off broke them, ( to put electrical greas ) that is how stuck they were, then i orderd WD wires and they are not very good quality, even missing the 90° bend on the coil side ..... I always wanted ti order better ones but never got around to.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
So I have been trying to find a new place to get wires. Cause guys have complained about radio interference.
Victory use a special wire end that goes into coil. So there hard to find.
Victory wants $62 per wire. I bet they buy 30 thousand wires a year. Guessing they're coast is a $1.00 a peace. So there is big mark up.
Witchdoctor sells colored wires from $39 to $52 bucks with the correct ends.
I contacted Sumax and they are willing to make them. Not for sure yet.
The guy wanted photos of the end that goes into the coil. So I pulled my wire out of coil to find one we have a odd ball end. It all so was kind of carotid.
So pull your wires and put some dielectric grease on each end.
I looked on Victorys web page and they list the same part number for "all" models. Never seen that before
If you are looking for wires try some from these guys.
I know they make them for the xc and xr because I put a set on the wifes bike.

Magnecor Race Wires

They work great and last as long as the bike without degrading. I've used them for a long time and never had a wire go bad. Can't say that about other brands.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
second on MAGNECOR got em on my good car.
Vics stock wires are fine on my Vegas (no radio!)

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
So Magneccor are better then Accel wires ?? Never heard of Magneccor .... I'll read up on them ...

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
So Magneccor are better then Accel wires ?? Never heard of Magneccor .... I'll read up on them ...
I use Accel 8.8s, No radio noise....:)

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i used the victory colored wires and didnt notice any issues, i paid around $40 for the pair, had to replace my stock ones because the end pulled off first time i checked the plugs

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
no issues with my stock leads and there's a trick to removing them.
I use a chunk of car heater hose that I carry in my toolkit.
use it on the engine fin to prevent damage and lever up on the plug lead boot as well as steadying it all with your other hand.
Comes off easy with zero damage to anything.

Reactions: LILMAGS500

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
no issues with my stock leads and there's a trick to removing them.
I use a chunk of car heater hose that I carry in my toolkit.
use it on the engine fin to prevent damage and lever up on the plug lead boot as well as steadying it all with your other hand.
Comes off easy with zero damage to anything.
You gave me this advice this Summer and it worked like a charm ! Thanks again MBX !:not worthy:

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
on mine the spark plug clip stayed on the plug, it wasnt crimped to the wire very well, i recrimped it, and replaced it next day, probably pulled the new wires at least 100 times and never had an issue, i pulled the wires from the bike for the next bike, but recently sold them. i know of many people that have had the same issue with the stock wires.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I have a pair of the chrome-over-blue wires from WD. No issues here. Disclaimer: I only bought them for the looks. Didn't expect any performance gains lol

·
13,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sorry for the miss spell guys. Was a little fuzzy yesterday starting thanksgiving celebration early.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Whats are you giving thanks for at thanksgiving Ive always wondered.
Or is is like us Aussies any old reason to get plastered.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving! to you all by the way....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts