Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
i say they look great.. since your O2s are out you can tell its running a little on the fat side which is good for the big Vtwin..I would rather they look like that than leaned out and burnt up...thanks for sharing

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So, when a new air filter is needed, would the high flow be a bad idea? Would it put them in the perfect range, or would it throw them to too lean?

I am getting usually around 38-42 MPG. Bike readout usaully says 46 MPG on average city/hwy.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
by theory YES, IF you are packing the air in with say a supercharger. However in a naturally aspirated engine changing to an high air flow air cleaner is not enough by far to change your air fuel ratio to lean. You are enabling the engine to breath much better as it has restrictions built in with all the stock components. An example of what your doing for the engine in comparison would be like..You trying to breath thru a straw and then switching to a 2 inch tube....your just improving the ability of the engine to take a gulp of air when the valves open and the piston draws in the air..I hope that helps..

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Vulcans I have had would get lean if the intake and pipes were touched without adding fuel. You could tell it from the plugs from many who tried it before adding fuel processors.

Most here that change pipes and air wind up getting a re-map or fuel processor. Unless you are assuming the stock pipes still restrict the system enough to not need it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts