Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this is an old subject but I have a couple questions.

For those of you running rear speaker lids how are you protecting your speakers? I have not seen a decent waterproof speaker yet.

For the guys running hertz speakers and front/rear, are you running 2 amps? I have the kicker 300.4 for the front but nothing is left for the rear, thinking I would use the Rockford in the bags but that seems like a ton of strain on a small battery.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I know this is an old subject but I have a couple questions.

For those of you running read speaker kids how are you protecting your speakers? I have not seen a decent waterproof speaker yet.

For the guys running hertz speakers and front/rear, are you running 2 amps? I have the kicker 300.4 for the front but nothing is left for the rear, thinking I would use the Rockford in the bags but that seems like a ton of strain on a small battery.
The 300 x4 should do fine. A 400 x4 like the new but expensive RF power series amp would do better. For now I am pleased but I have that amp in my sight.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was planning on bridging my 300.4 kicker for the front. The hertz are 140w rms. I don't think 75 is enough for them.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
All here please weigh in on my new thread on this similar subject...
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=136922

PS - I am planning on running the HCX 130's in the trunk as the dimensions are within fractions of an inch of the Kicker upgrades so they "should" work with a tiny bit of coaxing .. once I get the amp itself worked out.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Do you have rear speakers? How are they protected from the weather?
Victory made them for these lids. I don't do a whole lot of foul weather riding anyway. Most speakers are marine grade. As far as draining while riding in the rain ? It looks as though the wind while riding continuously blows them dry.

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I was planning on bridging my 300.4 kicker for the front. The hertz are 140w rms. I don't think 75 is enough for them.
To quote that famous 80's saying...
"Wha chu talk'N 'bout Willis"?
What Hertz are 140w RMS?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Like the specs on that [sic] Soundstream PN4.1000D! Any issues with RF like some have posted?
On a positive note, others have VERIFIED that these WILL fit in the space in the fairing.
On a negative note, others posted that the SS have FM "interference" issues.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To quote that famous 80's saying...
"Wha chu talk'N 'bout Willis"?
What Hertz are 140w RMS?

I don't know why it keeps posting 140, auto correct keeps changing 125.
The HSK165 are 125w RMS. I actually thought in the other thread you guys were talking about the same speakers but in re reading it looks like they are the lower watt coax.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I don't know why it keeps posting 140, auto correct keeps changing 125.
The HSK165 are 125w RMS. I actually thought in the other thread you guys were talking about the same speakers but in re reading it looks like they are the lower watt coax.
Thanks for letting us into your head but nobody in either thread (that I am aware of) was talking about the HSKs. Like me, SlickVic has the HCXs (check his signature). Did you mean to put that into your original post that you started this thread with and perhaps forgot?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry I have been posting on a couple places and thought I posted above. I have the HSK165 component speakers.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone have concerns with the power consumption of running 2x. Amps? I would think they draw less than heated seats, grips or clothing.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Sorry I have been posting on a couple places and thought I posted above. I have the HSK165 component speakers.
Ah! I see now says this blind man.

Anyone have concerns with the power consumption of running 2x. Amps? I would think they draw less than heated seats, grips or clothing.
I did see that one of the vendors was recommending 2 different 400watt amps (one for the front and one dedicated to rear bag speakers). Even a single amp that draws a lot of power could be a concern which was one of the reasons I created the AMP poll thread.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Dustin put some power to those HSK, they can handle it. The speaker will really wake up. I'm pushing 130 pr channel to my HCX's. I was pushing 100 then changed amps and the speaker sound ever better.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Dustin put some power to those HSK, they can handle it. The speaker will really wake up. I'm pushing 130 pr channel to my HCX's. I was pushing 100 then changed amps and the speaker sound ever better.
What amp are you using now CC ?
I know My HCX's can handle more than the 75 they are getting now but remember there is a difference between power and clean power.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am torn between the two scenarios.

1. The new Rockford T400x4AD at 400w 4 ohm to both front and rear

2. kicker pushing 150w x2 at 4ohm to the front and Rockford punch pushing 75w to the rear.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I am torn between the two scenarios.

1. The new Rockford T400x4AD at 400w 4 ohm to both front and rear

2. kicker pushing 150w x2 at 4ohm to the front and Rockford punch pushing 75w to the rear.
The power is there but the T400x4AD isn't waterproof though and I would think that the fans would be pulling in water (as well as air) into the system, right? Wouldn't putting them in a motorcycle application be....well, a bit risky?

Here is a quote from a guy who put it on a street glide.
"I put this amp in a 2014 street glide special. The amp is great and very easy to setup. I am running Hybrid Audio Texhnologies 6.5's in the faring and Hybrid Audio Texhnologies 5x4's in the bad lids. Sound us loud and super clear. I had to do a little water proofing of the amp though due to the new vent being directly over the amp."

I'd fix his poor grammar but don't want to change the tone of the delivery (LOL). He did not provide any information on what he actually DID to provide the water protection...
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575T400X4A/Rockford-Fosgate-Power-T400X4ad.html?tp=115

1 - 20 of 48 Posts