Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19 Posts
That is pretty cheap. It looks like they are going out of business.

Kind of strange that shipping ($14) is about half the cost of an amplifier and speaker package ($35).

·
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is pretty cheap. It looks like they are going out of business.

Kind of strange that shipping ($14) is about half the cost of an amplifier and speaker package ($35).
To be honest I don't think they know what there doing

·
Premium Member
13,731 Posts

·
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm looking at
this one but I don't know if it will do much good with 2 ohm speakers. Anyone got an idea?
Say if the amp only has a small wattage fuss like a ten or smaller then its no real amp. You want something with a 25 or greater. Stop by best buy or radio shack and talked to them before buting.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Not necessarily true.

I use this on my Ultra

BT 480 - 180W RMS / Channel
$499.95
15 amp fuse.
* Hi-Tech High-Efficiency Switching Amplifier
* 180 Watts RMS per-channel
* Powered by patented "UcD" technology
* Protects charging system w/StartorGuard technology
* Works on most touring bikes
* Designed and manufactured in USA
* Lifetime Warranty

It comes with a high out put connection to connect to the speakers for 2 ohm and coverts it to 4 ohms.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Not necessarily true.

I use this on my Ultra

BT 480 - 180W RMS / Channel
$499.95
15 amp fuse.
* Hi-Tech High-Efficiency Switching Amplifier
* 180 Watts RMS per-channel
* Powered by patented "UcD" technology
* Protects charging system w/StartorGuard technology
* Works on most touring bikes
* Designed and manufactured in USA
* Lifetime Warranty

It comes with a high out put connection to connect to the speakers for 2 ohm and coverts it to 4 ohms.
I may be a great system. But 180 Watts RMS is total Bull Zhit. If they advertise that (and you believe it), I gots a nice ocean front lot in Arizona I will sell you for $500.00. Pay Pal only:ltr::ltr: Oh and by the way my stock cross country has 150/150 hp and torque:crzy::crzy:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Has anyone seen the ones on amazon.com they were only $50 and comes with 2 speakers plus 100 watt amp with ipod connection.

·
Registered
528 Posts
All I can say is this, it will blow you off the bike and make your ears hurt, it can be very loud if ya turn up the volume.

I can hear my tunes at 80 mph clearly
that is with normal setting of 4 bars out of 12
Is it the best out there, no
But for the size and power consumption it's no bad.
Many times better than the low cost amps.
The only thing it doesn't do which is it's only downfall is there are no adjustments.
If it had that I would put it up there with many name brand big amps.

I prefer the headsets with my EDS speakers at highway speeds but lower speeds, back roads the amp does great. I am using 6.5 inch Titan speakers with 5.25 hog tune in the rear.

I have the Ultra up for sale and will most likely add it to the XC not too long from now.

·
Registered
679 Posts
All I can say is this, it will blow you off the bike and make your ears hurt, it can be very loud if ya turn up the volume.

I can hear my tunes at 80 mph clearly
that is with normal setting of 4 bars out of 12
Is it the best out there, no
But for the size and power consumption it's no bad.
Many times better than the low cost amps.
The only thing it doesn't do which is it's only downfall is there are no adjustments.
If it had that I would put it up there with many name brand big amps.

I prefer the headsets with my EDS speakers at highway speeds but lower speeds, back roads the amp does great. I am using 6.5 inch Titan speakers with 5.25 hog tune in the rear.

I have the Ultra up for sale and will most likely add it to the XC not too long from now.
I am sure that the sound is a great improvement over one with no add on amp. My comment is just how the manufactures of sound equipment think we have no intelligence. There is no way it has that kind of power rating. If you look at a amp that actually has 185 RMS output it would have to have a 2-4 gauge wire to power it and at least a twin 25 amp fuse system. I am going to upgrade the sound system in my XC, but with the job situation the way it is now it will be on the back burner for a while.:)

·
Registered
528 Posts
The UcD amp was built specifically for motorcycles for a low amp draw. Better than no amp is putting it mildly.
If I was going to add a map I would consider a ARC mini 125.2 or 125.4 amp. The only advantage the ARC has over the 1 I am using is the adjustments. Mine has more volume but no adjustments.

As with a lot of things Amplifiers are you get what ya pay for. The lower cost are ok but if you want good sound ya gotta let go of some $$$.
The reason I like the one I have is it's plug and play. takes about 30 min. to install the amp and speakers after the outer fairing has been removed.

I agree that before it would require to have large wires and at least 25 amp fuse but not any more when it comes to bikes. It took me a while to decide to spend this kind of $$$ for that very reason.
I'm old school so it takes a while to get me into the new technology but I now have a more open mind than a few yeast ago.
I am not saying this is the way to go at all, I'm just saying this is what I did .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts