Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a set of those polks installed on my XC. No problem. You do not need an amp to run them. Just be aware that the connectors on the speakers are a different size that what is on the bike currently. I just made short adapters and they work great.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Polk DXi 525 Speakers

Hey Joe. I installed 4 of these Polks on my 2010 XC and they sound great, but the volume topped out half way up. Had to install a small amp (went with the Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4) and now it kicks out some serious toonage! Folks have posted that they had problems with the RF but after 2 months of pretty regular use I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have the Polks in the front ,stock rears and the RF amp. Works great! I started with just the Polks in the front but did not get the volume I needed at speed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. Where did you guys mount the amp? I have the XC and have added the lowers, but not sure where you can mount the amp.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Where did you guys mount the amp? .
I mounted my RF amp under the fairing along with my Stebel horn AND the HID light kits! Lots of room and it's well protected from the weather. It's also mounted so that it gets lots of air to keep it cool. I drilled two small holes in the aluminum fairing mount and held it down with a pair of bolts with locking nuts. Works great. As I said before, some have had problems with the RF amp but it has been awesome for me. Outstanding sound quality with the Polk speakers. Had to modify the trunk a little to fit the rears but it wasn't too difficult. I posted some pics of the install. Search the links. Here's a pic of how it looks mounted.

P4070019.jpg

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I mounted my RF amp under the fairing along with my Stebel horn AND the HID light kits!
View attachment 6425
Would kill to see a close-up of how you tapped into the harness for the rear speakers. I got the front ones with no problem ( DUH ) But was hoping someone had a good close shot of it for the rears. :)

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Would kill to see a close-up of how you tapped into the harness for the rear speakers. I got the front ones with no problem ( DUH ) But was hoping someone had a good close shot of it for the rears. :)
Not sure what you're referring to brother. The rear speakers were already wired into the trunk but I had to modify the housing to fit the thicker drivers on the Polks. If you're talking about wiring the amp then I have to pass. I paid a local shop to wire it up after I installed it under the fairing so I could claim the extended warranty that Rockford Fosgate offered for a professional install with their wiring harness. Here's a pic of what I had to do to the trunk to fit the Polks. I covered the exposed back side of the speakers with a piece of plastic that I picked up from Home Depot and held down with duct tape. A temporary fix that works. I left some of the old holes open to port the speakers.

P3200007.jpg
P3210002.jpg

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Yep, talking about tapping into the harness in the fairing for the rear speakers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts