Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a rockford fosgate pbr 400X4 amp and need 2 5.25 4oh speakers. suggestions on what speakers.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I used the Polk DB522 until I changed them for 6.5's.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i have those speakers now. arnt they only rated at 150 peak for each speaker and 300 for both. 100 continuos each. dont i need speakers rated at 200 each continuos. according to local pro i need speakers rated at 200 watts each and them being 4 oh to best match up to my amp. is there something i am missing.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Even the most efficient amp won't put out the full rated output continuously.
If you going to use an amp then yeah you can spend some big bucks on fancy speakers.

The thing about Polk is they have a high sensitivity making them a very good swap in upgrade for a system without an amp.

I personally see no need for an amp in my setup. I have it running I think 1/4 volume and it's loud and clear. Mileage may vary I suppose depending on your helmet, pipes, any hearing loss, etc.
I'm past the point of fighting pipes for my tunes as I have done on my other bike.

That witch doctor site has some high end speakers that might be what you looking for. They should at least fit the fairing. Shop around because they tend to run high on prices but the part numbers are there.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i had them hooked up without an amp and couldnt tell a big diff from them and the stock kicker up grades. i guess i didnt want to chance blowing the speakers or killing the amp. i am trying to learn some stuff.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I doubt they would be better than the kicker speakers. 100% better than stock cheapo speakers but kicker is already a step up so that isn't really an upgrade imo.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well dam. i do want to go better upgrade speakers. so which ones would be a better upgrade than the polk then.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
There is a post somewhere on this site where someone (can’t remember where) mentioned a set of speakers but I can’t recall the brand. They were about $200 a pair and the guy swore by them...

·
Premium Member
988 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
They look like a great pair of speakers.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do you know if someone on the forum had made a baffle for the 6.5 instead of the foam cups. i have a set of kicker cs65 6.5 speakers for when i figure out what to do with them. i am still unsure if my rockford fosgate pbr400x4d will be ok with the polk db522 speakers. according to the box 300 watt max and 100 watt continuous. dam stuff became so confuseing when i started to want to upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
do you know if someone on the forum had made a baffle for the 6.5 instead of the foam cups. i have a set of kicker cs65 6.5 speakers for when i figure out what to do with them. i am still unsure if my rockford fosgate pbr400x4d will be ok with the polk db522 speakers. according to the box 300 watt max and 100 watt continuous. dam stuff became so confuseing when i started to want to upgrade.

That's my old speakers, the left one fell apart.

What's so confusing just mount the speakers and the amp and enjoy.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i ended up chatting with a tech at crutchfield and was told they would be fine as long as i didnt bridge them and give them to much bass.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Yea, don't use so much bass. You won't hear it when you're riding anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts